Ruckus great fun

Eman7422

Inspired
Been searching for a drive pedal that I really like for those times when I want that straight up distortion pedal sound into a clean amp. Had not found it. Read yek's guide in the past but somehow never figured out that the ruckus is modeled on the Suhr riot.

I played the around with the real riot for a year or so into a clean amp and liked it.

Now I still like my main distortion sound which is one of the modeled tube screamers into an already distorted JS410 model.....which is glorious...but

The ruckus into a cleaned up JTM45, not sure what the best clean sound on the ax8, didn't look around much for that.....but the ruckus is really a lot of fun! Feel silly for not even knowing I had the riot modeled, and this does sound like the riot I remembered.

Would love suggestions on the ax8 for what you ise as a clean amp, if you ever use distortion pedal sim to get you distortion.....

Ax8, what a great box!!!

I've never even tried going clean with a distortion pedal - but I definitely should!

I always get my distorted sounds from the amp block, but drive blocks could be a great way of getting different flavours of distortion into a preset too.

I also had a Riot - superb pedals

Any chance you can share a preset of this or screenshot of amp/cab/drive block settings?

I've just looked and I cant find the preset anymore. It's pretty easy to set up, get everything sounding how you want (shiva clean how you want, then drive engaged), then add your expression pedal to the mix control of the ruckus

If you're struggling let me know and I'll come up with something and post the preset

USA Clean will get you there too...I use the T808 Mod drive block along with the USA Clean which has tons of headroom (just like all the Mesa Boogie amps) which I use in the x state of one of my live presets for clean tones that pair up good for a really nice clean to mean scene which you can really dial in with your guitar's volume control.
I will have to try the Ruckus myself though I tend to prefer to get most of my distortion from amp blocks with little to no the drive in front.

Ha... took me a minute before I checked the modifiers to see the expression pedal was assigned to the gain on the drive block. I was like 'what's all the fuss about'? I like it and couldn't find a pedal block that gives it a good amp like distorted tone.

USA Clean will get you there too...I use the T808 Mod drive block along with the USA Clean which has tons of headroom (just like all the Mesa Boogie amps) which I use in the x state of one of my live presets for clean tones that pair up good for a really nice clean to mean scene which you can really dial in with your guitar's volume control.
I will have to try the Ruckus myself though I tend to prefer to get most of my distortion from amp blocks with little to no the drive in front.

This got me thinking, wouldn't it be cool to be able to have a modifier where you can blend between X and Y amp states
I wonder if its possible, I figure the Ax8 would have to have both amps loaded and running to be able to do that

Funny I was just thinking about this very concept yesterday. As good as X/Y switching offers, there's still some artifacts/lag when switching amp models.

Killer! Thank you. I'll take it for a spin tonight.
Realize this is old thread but thought I'd share mine, w/clean amp as foundation and Rukus distortion, I have humbuk pups so with ruckus and drive block 2 bridge pups is how I use it, and clean sound for neck pup, drive block 1 gives the clean a little boost.

Attachments

• Rukus-2.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 12
Back
Top Bottom