Cut switch, Eq Block and Amp Eq

Another cool trick for you.
Use a filter block instead of a peq. There you can assign modifiers to the parameters. Assign an envelope to frequency and/or gain to make them change by the amount of picking attack and by the setting of your guitars volume.
You can also set the curve of the modifier upside down to make it work in the other direction.
What it is?
It's kind of a pre auto depth...

Thanks, why not. Something to try for sure.

*The volume thing was just a warning that if you play at real loud levels and you go and crank up the PEQ with that narrow band cranked like I explained you could potentially damage something. You’re NOT running a risk if you're not pushing your gear already close to its limits however.* Just do it at a comfortable listening level, that’s all I’m saying.
As long as you’re using Axe Edit using the PEQ should be somewhat self explanatory by looking at the graph. Although it’d be helpful if it were a bit bigger, you’d be able to see it & dial it in, in finer detail. Just remember when using it, Bands 1 & 5 the Filter type can be set with the drop down box.
And like 666 above was saying the Filter Block can be a great tool as well, I use it all the time, just about all my patches, but as a clean boost and low/high cut & sometimes mid boost before the Amp Block.
I could send ya a patch if ya wanna take a look at how I use it if ya like.

Thanks for clarifying that. I use the Filter block as a boost and also as high and low cut. Yes please, if you have a preset for me I'm more than keen to learn something.

Just use it for the low cut. Set it up the way that it cuts the lows when you crank up the volume pot on the guitar.
You still have your lows when you play single notes on the higher frets because they don't trigger the envelope as much as chords on the lower frets do.
Just give it a try...it's wicked!
I never thought of this, great idea.. you also could attach it to pitch and set it so there’s a cutoff frequency up to a certain note.. I use that in some of my patches with a Pitch Shifter so you can have bass on just the low strings and regular guitar on the high strings.

Thanks for clarifying that. I use the Filter block as a boost and also as high and low cut. Yes please, if you have a preset for me I'm more than keen to learn something.
I sent ya a pm with some info to some patches on the exchange you can check out. Pretty sure they all should utilize the Filter Block or multiple Filter blocks as clean boosts with cuts in them.

I never thought of this, great idea.. you also could attach it to pitch and set it so there’s a cutoff frequency up to a certain note.. I use that in some of my patches with a Pitch Shifter so you can have bass on just the low strings and regular guitar on the high strings.

Wow! With Pitch...great idea...that's the part that I just didn't see. I have some presets with a shimmering reverb, but it's hard to give it the right amount. Maybe the envelope is a way to control it.

I remember looking at some of Dr. Bonkers patches after picking up some of his cab packs, (highly recommended btw) and he included a few patches so I checked em out. He was doing some really interesting stuff with the modifiers and dynamics with, I think if I remember correctly, the Drive on the Drive Block. And I pretty sure some other cool stuff with the delays & panning. Lotta stuff you can do with those modifiers when you have a creative mind & a good working knowledge of them.

One thing that I was thinking about that is well worth mentioning is WHERE you EQ. Before the Amp and Gain and after. If you’re having issues with muddy low end distortion you want to remove the low end before it hits the gain stages, and then you can bring it back in after to thicken your tone back up. So you just do a little pre-EQing so you’re not hitting the Amp with so much lows that the lows get overly distorted & lose their definition.

Back
Top Bottom