Legacy Presets Bay Area Metal Giants Vol.1 & 2 out now! (METALLICA presets) XL+ & AX8

Third party presets or preset packs for sale for legacy Fractal Audio products.
This may be another impossible question to answer, but I wonder if these files can be uploaded to the AXE III when it is available? I guess the file formatting for sharing should be the same right? I really want to get these files (I've used your older ones on my AX II) and I know the quality of your work already. I no longer have my AX II and sold it to fund the III.

This may be another impossible question to answer, but I wonder if these files can be uploaded to the AXE III when it is available? I guess the file formatting for sharing should be the same right? I really want to get these files (I've used your older ones on my AX II) and I know the quality of your work already. I no longer have my AX II and sold it to fund the III.

I don't know.
Only FAS can answer that question.

The Load and ReLoad presets are coming along very nicely!
Capturing that HUGE Hetfield crunch!
Will be sent out to the pre-order guys soon...

The Load and ReLoad presets are coming along very nicely!
Capturing that HUGE Hetfield crunch!
Will be sent out to the pre-order guys soon...

That's great. I haven´t found any preset that matches 100% that fat-crunch sound on Load/Reload :)

BTW, the Vol.1 is simply amazing, good job mate. And I've tried tons of presets around the met sound. I'm on the list for Vol. 2!

Hi GuitarJon,

After the purchase of volume 1 and the quality of it, without hesitation I buy the volume 2.
In addition with some bonuses. It's Christmas :)

Thanks guys!

That's great. I haven´t found any preset that matches 100% that fat-crunch sound on Load/Reload :)

BTW, the Vol.1 is simply amazing, good job mate. And I've tried tons of presets around the met sound. I'm on the list for Vol. 2!

Yeah, those Load/Reload tones are definitely unique but luckily I captured some KILLER tones from those records.
The Load/Reload files will likely go out to the pre-sale guys this friday...

Quick update:

Load/ReLoad will be sent out to the pre-sale folks later TODAY!

EDIT: Load and Reload have been sent out to the pre-sale group! Enjoy guys!

Last edited:
Reactions: esp
Quick update:

Load/ReLoad will be sent out to the pre-sale folks later TODAY!

EDIT: Load and Reload have been sent out to the pre-sale group! Enjoy guys!

Well, I’ve just spent 2 hours playing through them with my monitors cranked up and simply WOW. I think it really captures how fat those albums sounded. All I can say is that recommend it 100%. Good job, mate, they are the best metallica tonematches around (others are great too but this is just the winner for me).

Hope everyone is enjoying the Vol.1 files and the Load Reload pre-sale files.
Garage Inc will be mailed to the pre-sale guys soon!

Are the pre-sale guys ready for the Garage Inc pack?? :)

Edit: Garage Inc was just shipped to the pre-sale guys! Have fun!

Last edited:
After playing a few hours, i can say that Load/reload tonematches, it kick your ass !!!!
Very good job, by far the best tonematches ;)

Quick update:

I had a lot of time last week and this weekend to work on more presets.
This means that it's going faster than I expected! :)
I've started on the St. Anger and Death Magnetic presets.
They turned out WAY better than I expected.

The St. Anger sounds are actually pretty useable!
Try them live / loud.
They have nice mids so turning them up will make them more ballsy!

The Death Magnetic sounds came out amazing.
As many of you know, the album master suffers from some bad clipping.
Unfortunately the stems from guitar hero also have clipping albeit less clipping.
Luckily the clipping doesn't really translate to tonematches so the presets kinda sound better than the record in a way....
Pleasantly surprised!

All of this means that the official release will be soon so if you want to jump into the pre-sale group, do it now!

Last edited:
Quick update:

I had a lot of time last week and this weekend to work on more presets.
This means that it's going faster than I expected! :)
I've started on the St. Anger and Death Magnetic presets.
They turned out WAY better than I expected.

The St. Anger sounds are actually pretty useable!
Try them live / loud.
They have nice mids so turning them up will make them more ballsy!

The Death Magnetic sounds came out amazing.
As many of you know, the album master suffers from some bad clipping.
Unfortunately the stems from guitar hero also have clipping albeit less clipping.
Luckily the clipping doesn't really translate to tonematches so the presets kinda sound better than the record in a way....
Pleasantly surprised!

All of this means that the official release will be soon so if you want to jump into the pre-sale group, do it now!

I want to get them what is the advantage of being in the pre-sale group?

Bay Area Metal Giants Vol.2 is OUT NOW!

This pack included 142! new presets from the 6 most recent Metallica albums.
Since this is a continuation please refer to the first post in this thread for technical details.

Vol.2 features a folder with bonus live tones from a couple different sources.
I think they turned out just perfect!

To purchase this pack transfer 35 euros to this PayPal account: jonsymonsutrecht@hotmail.com or via paypal.me/guitarjon

Vol.1 and Vol.2 combined now have a whopping 274 presets to offer, made with great care!

I hope you guys enjoy these!

Back
Top Bottom