Meshugga tone + Engl Savage = Riffs that turned into a song

Ragnarok

I took a Meshugga preset someone posted here:
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/meshuggah-tonematch-extravaganza.88840/ ...and combined it with an Engl savage preset I made for my 8 string guitar.

Then I wrote some riffs that turned into this song:

I was trying to get the character of the Engl savage amp and combine it with the tightness that is so prominent in Meshugga's sound. Would love to hear some thoughts about the sound and the song overall. Any feedback is welcome, especially about the mix :innocent:

i like how you mixed elements of Meshuggah, animals as leaders, and bring me the horizon, and BTBAM. pretty awesome. the sound is great. you pretty much nailed the Meshuggah chug sound on the low strings are you using Toontrack for the drums? i have that with the metal foundry pack and it sounds perfect for what you're doing here. it has the Tomas Haake drum samples. also. the song itself is very well done.

Thank you so much!! i'm glad you liked it :) TBH I never got a chance to listen to BTBAM or bring me the horizon, but maybe it's time I should. I really like the sound of AAL & Meshuggah. I used Toontrack superior 2 with the NYC Avatar kit. Not sure its the best choice for this style. Going to start experimenting with GGD (first edition) soon, they sound great in many mixes I've heard.

Thank you so much!! i'm glad you liked it :) TBH I never got a chance to listen to BTBAM or bring me the horizon, but maybe it's time I should. I really like the sound of AAL & Meshuggah. I used Toontrack superior 2 with the NYC Avatar kit. Not sure its the best choice for this style. Going to start experimenting with GGD (first edition) soon, they sound great in many mixes I've heard.
If you're going to listen to BTBAM start with Alaska and listen to each album after that chronologically. They seriously write masterpieces. Also they used axe fx to record Parallax i and ii, and Coma Ecliptic. No live amps were used on those albums. And they sound phenomenal.

Back
Top Bottom