External foot switch control options?

blaggers

Power User
Hi,
I’m waiting for my AX8 to arrive, so planning how to set it up.

If I have two external momentary foot switches plugged in (to two of the Pedal inputs). What can they control? Is it purely anything that an external controller can map to via a modifier?

Or can they switch blocks on and off?
Can I tap one to bring up the looper - if so how?

I can’t seem to find any documentation on what they can be assigned to control, so any help is appreciated!

They can be set to control lots of things but won’t reflex the status of an effect block being on/off

I like to use as a control pedal with dampening, so the pedal smooth ramps from 1-127 over the several seconds I’m holding, for a momentary pedal

They can be set to control lots of things but won’t reflex the status of an effect block being on/off

I like to use as a control pedal with dampening, so the pedal smooth ramps from 1-127 over the several seconds I’m holding, for a momentary pedal

That’s why I want one to open the looper block, as the status will show in the screen. Which screen is used to set up the switch mapping to blocks? I can’t find it in the manual - only the one mapping a switch to a modifier control.

I think I’ve found a vague reference on page 86/87 of the manual on the IO controllers page, can anything be assigned to external pedals? The looper mapping info in just one line of text!

effects blocks and things with modifiers can be controlled with external switch's. I think for the looper there are some functions you can control(via modifier), but when last I tried it the record function was not one of them if I remember correctly(it was a while ago, not at AX-8 now).

Hmm, I’m a bit disappointed that the “Looper Control” screen which accesses the looper block cant be triggered by external footswitches. I’ve assigned it to Function 3 instead of the tuner and relegated the Tuner to Ext Pedal 4, but would rather it was the opposite way round. Has anyone managed a better way to do this?

Back
Top Bottom