Random Guitar Player List

Seen a few lefties play a righty upside-down, but until just now I've never seen a righty play a lefty downside up. Randy Hansen--Amazing.
He even looks like Hendrix.

I started watching to see the guitar... Then sat engrossed through the whole tune.

Wondering where she was from, so giggled and found she's from nearby San Jose CA.

I really like that Strandberg, too!
Its informative to see how she and the band use stops. (Not double stops, I mean stopping the rhythm as a period. To give an understandable sentence, paragraph, document hierarchy to me, the listening single note tapper. I think that's what makes her writing style most unique, the frequent occurrences of the stops.

Check out this and you will see a similarity, although not the same use of silences:

Last edited:

Jakub Żytecki, DispersE guitar/composer again. This time I spelled his name with the "correct" little thingamaboo on top of the Z. (My apol-gies - I need more culture - I have no idea wot dat dimbol do anybay.)

At 1:42 is the guitar solo, but you probably need the setup.

A little man on my left shoulder and one on my right side as well.

One said to post this... That was the one with the keys to the Ferrari.

Marco Fanton

Helix, doing some Gary Moore and Van Halen. A cover player for ages clearly.

(To me there is definitely a slight plastic-i-ness to the tone, although the sustain-i-ness at this level of "digitization" is a plus. But for someone with cotton in their ears, you can no tell!

So, he demos Kemper and Axe 8 too, so oh well, he must have been one of those kids in school that "got along with everybody" ;) I could have posted the Axe 8 ones, but the devil made me post these instead.

Just kidding.

Mr. Marco Fanton, Great cover-style playing of these artists!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rqBqNxoEzg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fu-hgr4ZQqs

I do usually cringe just a little bit when I hear the non-Fractal modelers, especially with the Helix, much less with Kemper in some cases - in about 15% of the cases I may not hear a difference when its properly dialed in. But my cringing is partly a thought of "what if I had to play through that and not have a real sounding or real feeling amp modeller. The first strum of the bottom link, for example, of a Dire Straights sound, is characteristically "Helix". Just not right, and I know some people just don't notice.

Last edited:
Tim Pierce

Tim Pierce, very skilled review of Kemper, helped me decide against one.

I could hear a major difference, and major or moderate lack, on all but about 2 patches. Even after video compression I can still tell. Definitely more swayed to get an Axe FX III, at least until/if someone else can catch up.

I've got a whole slew of new presets I've dialed in since 9.04, and for most models I really don't need a lot of Spkr Compression, but just that little bit just puts the realism of the Axe FX over the top for me.

Pretty outstanding Priest cover.

Guitar: Jose M. Nistal

Check the dead on vocals by:
Torgny Stjärnfelt

3:00

Never easy to cover Downing. I still remember hearing this opening track, along with the full album, on WGTB radio the week it was released by CBS. I was, like, this is not Sad Wings, lol.. I was so influenced by guitarists in those days. Obviously I've outgrown that, hence this thread.

3:26

KK or TIpton?

4:30

(Beautifully timed passages, laid back until the last cascading seconds.)

I slowed that riff down because no one has covered it (though not technically hard in the ordinary sense) and much like Eruption or something, these kind of things are timed a certain way and the feel is harder than the notes themselves. In slowing it down. I love this sort of thing because it isolates one of the best features of these advanced musical styles. I can hear a blues or Cajun tendency of transitioning from duple to triple note lengths and vice versa, speeding or slowing into them. In this kind of playing the non-solo instruments do not need to change tempo but IMHO when a player learns to feel it, their music becomes exceptional.

This is why I think Randy Hanson captures Hendrix so well - an ear for this extra dimension imported from cultures with this particular advanced rhythmic sensibility (not that classical music rhythms are not nuanced, but when you add 7 chords and mix major and minor almost simultaneously, as in the blues, its almost like the dual nature of duple and treble appears as well.)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom