axe fx 3 in europe?

Uh, no, not at all. There is no obligation now to provide warranty service in the EU even with a card with a US billing address. So they don’t need a treaty. A treaty would only make the situation worse for them, so with a treaty this could actually make sense. :)

One could ignore the rules on the other side of the pond, yes, but then don't even think of spending your vacation there. Also the accounts you have there can be seized. With a treaty the rules of the game are the same on both sides and that's something a business can depend on.

One could ignore the rules on the other side of the pond, yes, but then don't even think of spending your vacation there. Also the accounts you have there can be seized. With a treaty the rules of the game are the same on both sides and that's something a business can depend on.

A US citizen with a US billing address can move to EU with an Axe and there will be no warranty service there. And nobody will seize anyone’s assets.

A US citizen with a US billing address can move to EU with an Axe and there will be no warranty service there. And nobody will seize anyone’s assets.

That is correct. But that is a different thing as you bought an item in the US under US law. If FAS would sell to EU customers directly which law would apply then ?

It's a moot point though isn't it?

My understanding is that Fractal only ships to the US, so if you're in Europe and you want one then you buy used (with no warranty) or you go through G66 and get the benefit of the extended warranty.

In my experience G66 have been 1st class. Super fast delivery and excellent customer service.

Well yeah, I cannot complain at all about the service from g66, and the price difference probably has more to do with the exchange rate between GBP and EUR and the fact that GBP to USD is rather good by comparison, but £300 isn't exactly a moot point when you're a skint musician. Plus in Europe we don't exactly get the choice to pay a bit less and have less warranty. Basically the price of an Axe is an absolute truck load of cash to me, I am not rich, so any chance to bring that price down by even a hundred quid means a hell of a lot.

Saving a hundred pounds is one thing, but G66 doesn’t operate everywhere, so in some countries people don’t even have that option.

Back
Top Bottom