RIP Pat Torpey (Mr. Big founding drummer)

Diego

Fractal Fanatic
Sad news.....

Pat Torpey, drummer and founding member of rock band Mr. Big, passed away Wednesday (Feb. 7) due to complications of Parkinson’s disease. He was 64 years old.

His band shared the news on Twitter, asking for privacy and noting that services have yet to be scheduled for the drummer. “With breaking hearts we tell you that our brother, friend, drummer, and founding member, Pat, passed away Wednesday, February 7 from complications of Parkinson’s disease,” the post reads.

R.I.P. Pat Torpey. I remember the first time I seen Mr.Big on MTV. It was the video for Addicted to that rush and I was blown away. I was instantly a fan. I had the Mr. Big in San Francisco concert on vhs and must of watched it a hundred times.Pat wasn't just a great drummer but he sang a lot of great vocals and harmonies as well.

Sad...

I remember a few months back somebody posted a new Mr Big video that had two drummers in it. After researching, it turns out the reason why was Parkinson's... The band wanted to keep him included as long as he could stay involved. So they just added a second drummer.

No man escapes the ravages of time... But some get their sooner.

RIP

54 is way too young. At least he left his mark on contemporary music. Not a bad legacy for any man.

Sad...

I remember a few months back somebody posted a new Mr Big video that had two drummers in it. After researching, it turns out the reason why was Parkinson's... The band wanted to keep him included as long as he could stay involved. So they just added a second drummer.

No man escapes the ravages of time... But some get their sooner.

RIP

I saw that clip too, then learned of his ailing health.

He was a fantastic musician. I wore out the grooves (so to speak) on that first Mr. Big cd.

Rest in peace, Pat.

I met him a few years ago on Mr Big's not most recent tour- the one before that

he was one of the nicest people I've ever met and he truly left an impression on me...

At the end of that tour it was in the news he was diagnosed but I didn't read about it until like 2 years later- because there was two drummers on the new single that I saw posted on this forum

Pat was literally greeting fans on their way out of the venue- and maybe 10 min later Eric the singer joined him and they stayed hanging out with everyone there for 2 hours after the show- nicest people ever.

Ironically Paul and Billy who are also super cool and super nice- ran to the bus and didn't come out- which is pretty weird for those guys- but Pat was amazing- really really left an impression on me

I am genuinely saddened by this. I ws very lucky to see Mr Torpey play when Mr Big opened up for Rush several times.

I also listened to several of his albums.

Great drummer! He will surely be missed.

What's with the stream of musicians that seem to be dignosed with Parkinson's disease lately ? It's very saddening.

I am genuinely saddened by this. I ws very lucky to see Mr Torpey play when Mr Big opened up for Rush several times.

I also listened to several of his albums.

Great drummer! He will surely be missed.

What's with the stream of musicians that seem to be dignosed with Parkinson's disease lately ? It's very saddening.
I just saw yesterday that Glenn Tipton is retiring from touring with Judas Priest due to Parkinson's, too.

Back
Top Bottom