axe fx 3 in europe?

Another European on the G66 list here....mailed them as soon as I saw the thread on Monday afternoon, so not sure where that puts me in the queue, but having never bought a Fractal unit at launch before I was assuming they would also be available here in early March....Can any European Fractal veterans let me know if that's likely to be the case?

I've been busy weighing up which bits of gear to sell over the next few weeks, but just dawned on me we may have a bit of a wait on this side of the pond!

It took 7 months for my Axe Fx 2 from getting on the G66 list until delivery.

G66 said it'd be around 2800€. By todays exchange rates thats over £600 more expensive than it is in the states! Damn that's a lot!
Yeah, that's ridiculous. You could probably almost fly to the US and and buy one for the same price.

Yeah, that's ridiculous. You could probably almost fly to the US and and buy one for the same price.
I wrote it maybe a hundred times: US price doesn't include VAT, import duties and 3-years warranty. G66 does!

@Diego maybe it'd be worth it to explain this thing clearly on your site or in a sticky thread, people don't seem to get it.

Note that the three year warranty is only one year, as EU laws mandate 2 years warranty to begin with. You just get one extra, which makes the pricing a bit steep.

Don't take it personal or anything..o_O

The price difference is almost $1000 USD. That is a pretty big difference. Sorry I was unaware of the tax laws in the EU. Carry on.

Last edited:
Anyway the exchange rate is steadily going down. So time is working in our (EU) favor ... ;)

Don't expect the exchange rate to reduce the price for EU customers. That would mean prices would need to be increased if the rate went back up which is not going to happen either. The only way to save money is getting it in the US during a business trip/vacation and the smuggle it in. Don't expect G66 to provide it's stellar service afterwards.

Don't expect the exchange rate to reduce the price for EU customers. That would mean prices would need to be increased if the rate went back up which is not going to happen either.

Well - I bought my Axe Fx II XL just before the exchange rate went up and the prices did too. So it has already happened ;)

Don't expect the exchange rate to reduce the price for EU customers. That would mean prices would need to be increased if the rate went back up which is not going to happen either. The only way to save money is getting it in the US during a business trip/vacation and the smuggle it in. Don't expect G66 to provide it's stellar service afterwards.
It has also happened that the price went down with the exchange rate, I bought my first ax8 almost two years ago for 1700€, now it's listed for 1500€, a few months ago it was 1600€.

What was the US price back then ?
Well now that I think about it the first one was made in USA and the american price was around 1300$ IIRC, so that could account for the first price drop to 1600€.
I purchased the second one in april 2017 for 1600€ and the price in US was the same as it is now (excluding the december sale).

Ps: The same goes for the XL, when it came out it was 2700€, now 2300€ (even before axe III announcement)

Using this calculator: https://www.simplyduty.com/import-calculator/
It's roughly £300 cheaper to import an Axe FX III to the UK from the USA than to buy it from G66 in EUR.

It's a moot point though isn't it?

My understanding is that Fractal only ships to the US, so if you're in Europe and you want one then you buy used (with no warranty) or you go through G66 and get the benefit of the extended warranty.

In my experience G66 have been 1st class. Super fast delivery and excellent customer service.

Back
Top Bottom