axe fx 3 in europe?

The price should be about EUR 2800 depending on the dollar rate

.. and I'm on the waiting list too =)

G66 said it'd be around 2800€. By todays exchange rates thats over £600 more expensive than it is in the states! Damn that's a lot!

Does the G66 estimate include VAT assumption and the US not include tax? would explain the large gap and often US prices are quoted without tax

Does the G66 estimate include VAT assumption and the US not include tax? would explain the large gap and often US prices are quoted without tax
Yes, that. And G66 prices also include 3-years warranty (250$ for the axe II in the USA)

Yeah, we like to complain about prices but then we also like having our social security, state retirement pensions etc. Those have to be paid for somehow, althogh G66 markup is nothing to be laughed at. To their credit though, every time I had to deal with them the customer service was top notch.
That saidf, I'm on the list. :) I sort of regret selling my Standard now, I could have started a collection with all generations in a rack. :D

Yes, 2500$ before tax, 2800€ with included VAT. G66 must also add import taxes of 5% or something like that.

Button added in the g66 page to join the wait list.
About the prices don’t forget that there is a 3 years warranty included and there’s import duty too.

estimated price given is around what i was optimistically hoping for vs north of 3k - its all good, people need to make money and G66 are great to deal with (+ they include chocolates!!)

Another European on the G66 list here....mailed them as soon as I saw the thread on Monday afternoon, so not sure where that puts me in the queue, but having never bought a Fractal unit at launch before I was assuming they would also be available here in early March....Can any European Fractal veterans let me know if that's likely to be the case?

I've been busy weighing up which bits of gear to sell over the next few weeks, but just dawned on me we may have a bit of a wait on this side of the pond!

Another European on the G66 list here....mailed them as soon as I saw the thread on Monday afternoon, so not sure where that puts me in the queue, but having never bought a Fractal unit at launch before I was assuming they would also be available here in early March....Can any European Fractal veterans let me know if that's likely to be the case?

I've been busy weighing up which bits of gear to sell over the next few weeks, but just dawned on me we may have a bit of a wait on this side of the pond!
After owning an Ultra and a II, both bought through G66, I would hesitate to tell you anything other than prepare for a bit of a wait. I got on the list 2.5 h after the launch, and I wouldn't expect to get my unit until autumn. This is in no way a critique against Fractal or G66, but I know from experience that it takes a while to get the units in Europe, even if you're at the top of the list. Just sit back and relax, the III will get here when it gets here.

Last edited:
Jacques told me maybe April...

After owning an Ultra and a II, both bought through G66, I would hesitate to tell you anything other than prepare for a bit of a wait. I got on the list 2.5 h after the launch, and I wouldn't expect to get my unit until autumn. This is in no way a critique against Fractal or G66, but I know from experience that it takes a while to get the units in Europe, even if you're at the top of the list. Just sit back and relax, the III will get here when it gets here.

Thanks guys.

Not a problem - My AX8 still sounds every bit as good as it did before the III was announced, so I'm covered til they arrive!

I got on the II waiting list on the 11/05/2011 and got my unit on the 5th of January. I found back all the G66 information emails we got then, and yes they had issues getting units delivered to them as FAS couldn't meet the demand and likely favored the US market first. That was seven months from announcement.

I got on the II waiting list on the 11/05/2011 and got my unit on the 5th of January. I found back all the G66 information emails we got then, and yes they had issues getting units delivered to them as FAS couldn't meet the demand and likely favored the US market first. That was seven months from announcement.
That's not been the case with more recent products though. I received my AX8 invite something like 1 month (maybe even less) after the first units began to be shipped in the US

Please guys don’t throw in randomly date or prices. As G66 at the moment we can only say that more information about price and availability will be sent by mail to the ones who subscribed the waiting list and published on our web site / shop as soon as Fractal Audio will comunicate is something about. As usual there’s no obligation to buy the unit if, when it will be available, you change your mind.
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom