Headrush FRFR $349

Robboman

Fractal Fanatic
FrontBack-min-768x512.png

http://www.musictech.net/2018/01/headrush-frfr-reveal-112/

Actually, another source reports $299 USD! Maybe they haven't decided yet... wont be out for a few months.

Last edited:
2000 watt PEAK power btw. it's 1000 Program, which should still be substantial. most other speakers are rated at the Program, so this should be described as a 1000 watt speaker.

Actually, another source reports $299 USD! Maybe they haven't decided yet... wont be out for a few months.

The seemingly-equivalent Alto has a version with Bluetooth for $349, so maybe Headrush will have a model with that option for that price as well.

Amazon product ASIN B018W31TM4
Code:
https://www.amazon.com/Alto-Professional-TS210-Loudspeaker-Integrated/dp/B018W31TM4

The FRFR space is really starting to heat up. I wonder how this will compare to other stuff on the market. I hope Fractal gets in on the FRFR thing a well. But then again I also hope they don't so I won't be tempted to ditch my plans for a Xitone.

Essentially the more true “frfr” monitors become, the less need there is for additional players in the market.

It’s like the market for near field studio monitors, there are already a ton of choices and price points and they are all designed to do the exact same thing. No one is going to bring anything new to the table with yet another 6.5” biamp nearfield in the $200 price range.

It’s like if fractal rolled out a 12” powered wedge. Would it be good ? Of course. Would it do anything a xitone, clr, asm, Gemini etc doesn’t ? Probably not, nor would it come in any cheaper, so essentially yet another $1000 frfr monitor option

I would love to know how this compares to the Michael Britt 1X12 FRFR.

I got to play the Michael Britt the other day because my guitar hoarder friend picked one up and it is frighteningly good.

With the right IR, it gives you a surprising depth without feeling excessively hyped in any frequency range.

I'll post a review soon. I just heard it with his Kemper, I want to see how it does with my Fractal, but Iam prone to think it will provide the same experience.

I'm hoping the headrush performs similarly.

I got to play the Michael Britt the other day because my guitar hoarder friend picked one up and it is frighteningly good.

With the right IR, it gives you a surprising depth without feeling excessively hyped in any frequency range.

I'll post a review soon. I just heard it with his Kemper, I want to see how it does with my Fractal, but Iam prone to think it will provide the same experience.

my guess is..not a chance. the MBritt has has a mojo all its own, IMO .....It will likely perform exactly like the Alto TS 212.. which it is.

my guess is..not a chance. the MBritt has has a mojo all its own, IMO .....It will likely perform exactly like the Alto TS 212.. which it is.
That will be a shame if that happens.

I was really liking the MBritt. The only thing I was wishing was that he made a version in a 15, well because I always like both bass and guitar through 15's.

I was told I could contact him for a custom build, but Mrs. B would not be happy if two MBRitt 15's showed up at the house for a stereo rig, especially when turned up to proper volumes and/or the bill came.

Thanks for the kind words! I appreciate it!

That will be a shame if that happens.

I was really liking the MBritt. The only thing I was wishing was that he made a version in a 15, well because I always like both bass and guitar through 15's.

I was told I could contact him for a custom build, but Mrs. B would not be happy if two MBRitt 15's showed up at the house for a stereo rig, especially when turned up to proper volumes and/or the bill came.

I'd happily build you a 15" version of an MBritt, if I could get a 15" version of the Celestion driver. Sadly, it does not exist. There aren't a ton of coax 15" out there and the cheapest one handy is well over $300.

I won't tell Mrs. B about a pair of 12" MBritts if you don't though! When the bill comes, just tell her you sold a kidney!

Thanks for the kind words! I appreciate it!

I'd happily build you a 15" version of an MBritt, if I could get a 15" version of the Celestion driver. Sadly, it does not exist. There aren't a ton of coax 15" out there and the cheapest one handy is well over $300.

I won't tell Mrs. B about a pair of 12" MBritts if you don't though! When the bill comes, just tell her you sold a kidney!
I will save my pennies for this.

That's a lot of IR files I need to sell, LoL.

It really is the most kick ass FRFR I ever experienced.

Yup. I did a side by side with 1st gen CLR, 1st gen XiTone wedge, and MBritt, and the latter won handily as far as purity of tone on my ears .
Did you side-by-side those with program material, by any chance?

Did you side-by-side those with program material, by any chance?
Not in that particular instance (which was some months ago, when I first received my MBritt), I was more interested in the guitar tone comparison, but they all perform perfectly for program material , and again, the Britt scores for that by virtue of the Bluetooth , which works great...and leaves both inputs available

Last edited:
Reactions: Rex
Not in that particular instance (which was some months ago, when I first received my MBritt), I was more interested in the guitar tone comparison, but they all perform perfectly for program material , and again, the Britt scores for that by virtue of the Bluetooth , which works great...and leaves both inputs available
That's my main question with "sounds good for guitar" monitors, which I haven't had a chance to try yet. Anything I buy will have to perform double duty: Play my Axe through it, and use it for FOH and such.

Back
Top Bottom