Carrying case?

Shout out to @Geosh and @flash6

I just played my first local show with the ax8 and it felt really bad to have it just sitting out with our gear. I hit up the forum for suggestions, and you guys came through strong!

I just ran down to sams and for $20, I was trying to think of reasons to buy two or three! It took me 2 mins to set up. So excited, you guys just saved me at least $60 and shipping, maybe more.

caseatsams.jpg ax8inCase.jpg

@Seth Centerbar - I bought the big brother next to it for $40 - it gives me space for expression pedals and cables. It's heavy, but it beats my SKB pedal board which is heavy too, doesn't have wheels, and everything moved around inside. I need to get a board cut to make a false floor, then I'll post either pics or video. And yes, thanks to @Geosh @flash6 for the suggestions.

@Seth Centerbar - I bought the big brother next to it for $40 - it gives me space for expression pedals and cables. It's heavy, but it beats my SKB pedal board which is heavy too, doesn't have wheels, and everything moved around inside. I need to get a board cut to make a false floor, then I'll post either pics or video. And yes, thanks to @Geosh @flash6 for the suggestions.
Very cool man. I don't use any expression pedals currently, but if I buy any I'll definitely keep the bigger one in mind. I just can't believe how cheap these things are.

I just happen to be by a Menards this weekend and stopped in to look at this case. It is impressive, especially for a soft-sided, padded case. It has internal reinforcements for stability/durability and protection.

For those looking to transport the AX8 as well as a laptop, this would be tough to beat. Extra room for cables and probably an expression pedal are there. There certainly isn't enough room for everything under the sun. But what a perfect case for AX8 & laptop and all the requisite connectors.

Really tough to beat this, IMO.

Just ordered one of these and will hopefully have it next week. Looks great for a grab and go. I'm building a new pedalboard for my AX8 but I have a couple of gigs I do that I only need the AX8 for and nothing else so I need something I can carry it in and not take the whole pedalboard / case / etc.

I was going to get a Pelican case for mine, but then I saw these at Sams Club and asked my wife for one for Christmas. For $30 it was hard to pass on. I'll let you know how it is after Christmas.
0007874224729_A

https://www.samsclub.com/sams/20in-...44&selectedTab=allProducts&_requestid=1166405

Wow, that's a really nice option four tours and flying. I'm waiting on a Studio Slips gig bag which should fit the bill for more local gigs.

Just ordered one of these and will hopefully have it next week. Looks great for a grab and go. I'm building a new pedalboard for my AX8 but I have a couple of gigs I do that I only need the AX8 for and nothing else so I need something I can carry it in and not take the whole pedalboard / case / etc.

So I just got the case I ordered from Menards. AX8 and laptop fit perfectly. Case looks very sturdy and a lot of extra storage.

Still love the Mono Case I have. Fits AX8, and 2 EX2 pedals. Plus has cable storage on the front.
For fly gigs I'm already taking a guitar in a gig bag, so usually the AX8 goes in the suitcase :fearscream:

I know i'm late to the discussion, but wanted to share my find. Turns out my H-D backpack is perfect for the job of AX8 soft case. My AX8 fits in the rear pocket perfectly, while the mid pocket still allows my Macbook Pro (13") and other gear.

I don't have enough posts to add a link, but you can find it on Amazon if you search for "Harley Davidson Transporter Backpack".
A bit pricey, but I've used mine everyday for the past 2.5 years and it's still looking like new. Built to last...

I use mine when riding, and the backstraps etc are all build for serious travel. I load mine up regularly and ride a motorcycle for ~100 miles round trip, so I trust everything that goes in this backpack to come out safe and sound. There is even a rain pouch on the bottom if you get stuck somewhere with your kit and it starts to rain.

Cheers,
CJ

So my new Pelican Air 1555 turned up today and i'm really happy with it's size and weight. It is SUPER light and there is plenty of height to stack layers within the case and mold the pick-out foam to suit your needs, without it being too bulky. PIc below shows it compared to my other diago board.

By cutting out two rectangles i was able to fit in everything i need (this is for touring) including cables below the ax8 and two roland ev-5s stacked on top of each other. The lid has a few cms of depth with foam to nicely cushion the top of the ax8.View attachment 34020 View attachment 34021 View attachment 34022 View attachment 34023 View attachment 34024
View attachment 34025

Awesome setup. Where did you get the foam for this case?

how has it held up over time?

Thanks

CC

I bought it on Amazon. I've had it a couple of years but I'm not gigging regularly. It's just for church gig's a couple of times a month and noodling around at home. The case has held up under light use well except the pull tabs on the zippers broke. Really cheap pot metal. The zippers seem to be holding up well. I use those little green twister things you get at the grocery store produce section as the pull tabs now LOL. The case is light and easy to transport. I've got my guitar in a gig bag over my shoulder and the case and I'm ready to go to work.

Last edited:
Studio Slips has the pattern for the AX8 on there website. I had the pocket on the front made 1" deeper to hold the Fractal pedal. Mine will be delivered on Tuesday.

I assume you got the case by now? What is your thoughts? I have one of their amp covers and they produce a great product. I am in the market for a case and would appreciate hearing your feed back.

I assume you got the case by now? What is your thoughts? I have one of their amp covers and they produce a great product. I am in the market for a case and would appreciate hearing your feed back.
I have had my case for several weeks and find it perfect. Great quality and plenty of room for the Fractal Volume pedal.

Do any Australian users have any cool case solutions like the ones in this thread? I'm currently using a PedalTrain case with my AX8 and EV1 mounted on a board but I wouldn't mind something with a bit better internal protection..

Shout out to @Geosh and @flash6

I just played my first local show with the ax8 and it felt really bad to have it just sitting out with our gear. I hit up the forum for suggestions, and you guys came through strong!

I just ran down to sams and for $20, I was trying to think of reasons to buy two or three! It took me 2 mins to set up. So excited, you guys just saved me at least $60 and shipping, maybe more.

View attachment 43979 View attachment 43980
Geosh's link doesn't work for me, can you tell me what this exactly is?

Back
Top Bottom