Standard/ultra replacement display

Hi all, new member and axe fx owner here :)

I just picked up a used standard from a buddy but it looks like the screen got damaged on the way over from the US to the UK. A bar about 1/4 of the screen is totally blank. I spoke with g66 and it seems thwy cant get any more replacement screens.

Does anyone know if there is another part it cab be replaced with? I'd hate this to be the end of the road for this unit on my first day of owning it :(

A bit of a long shot but it might be worth opening up the Axe and gently removing the ribbon cable that connects the display to the main board, spray a small amount of switch cleaner (Servisol or similar) onto the pins and into the sockets and re-fit the cable (gently so as not to bend the pins!). Give it 10 minutes for all the solvent to evaporate and power back up.

Thanks for the tip dude, sadly didn’t work. I’ve had confirmation from fractal that they can’t get the screens any more which is a shame :( does anyone have an old(broken) unit out there where I could buy your screen off you?

All this stuff is industrial LEGO. Fractal can’t get it for you, but mouser or digikey can. Look up the model off the actual screen in your unit and find one that matches it.

Thanks Musikron, i googled the number off the back a few weeks ago and got nothing - but i'll open it up tonight and have a try on the mouser site - i didn't search any specific websites, just google o_O

Ok updates for anyone interested or in the same boat as myself ..

I’ve googled the part numbers on the back of the screen but the only hit I got was a post from 2015 on this forum with someone else asking exactly the same question.

So.. I did some searching online and found a part which looked like a match - same dimensions, screen resolution, connection type, number of pins etc.

Sadly this didnt work - the backlight was lit up but the display showed nothing at all. For anyone interested the part was a newhaven nhd-c12864wo-b1tfh#-m so it would appear either the part is not something generic and off the shelf - or I am close with the external spec but have missed something vital in the internal spec of the part.

Off to do some more googling and see if I can return the part!

Ok, I tried a couple of displays off mouser and digikey, looks like the displays are very specific for the standards as none worked.

Long story shor a friend in Australia managed to get me the last one from the Australian dealer and I've finally got my screen working again!!

Now I can properly dive in and start learning how to use this thing :D :D :D

Back
Top Bottom