Recommended Adjustment

Tried this tweek last night in a gig, .... :eek: Very impressed :)
I never could get my Brit 800 to sizzle on my Axe FXII quite as good as it did on my Axe Ultra for some reason. This seemed to be what was missing. Thank you Cliff :)

I think I already asked this a while back but never got an official reply: the ac30tb preamp cf defaults to a quite high value, while the ac30hot (technically the same amp with tone stack bypassed) defaults to 0.. is that correct or is that a mistake? Is the cf related to the tone stack, and that explains why for the hot model is at 0?

In almost al tube amps, tonestacks are just passive attenuators. This means that they drain a lot of current, which might compromise the amplifiers operation.
For this reason, they separate the tonestack from the preamp with a cathode follower, which is just a tube buffer circuit (1:1 I/O voltage) that provides a low impedance for the tonestack’s demands.

Maybe in the real amplifier, they bypassed the cathode follower too, since there is no point in keeping it active and adds some insertion losses.

It’s just a guess.

Not sure if it's placebo or not. Gigged last weekend with a friedman be almost stock preset the whole night. The tone was amazing. This guitar player watching the gig was going mental with my tone and he sees all of my gigs.
Not sure if it was the change to 7.5 or not but my tele never sounded better.

Is the Matchbox D-30 a CF amp? I'll play with the parameter and use my ears, but I sometimes have a hard time picking out the subtle changes, especially if it's in one of my tinnitus frequency bands.

I've upped that parameter in my 9.02 presets and migrated to 9.03. When resetting an amp block in 9.03 will it pick up the new default setting? Forgot to test that and am not near the AFX but thought I'd ask anyway...

Definitely made a difference when I adjusted mine. Not a completely "over the top" tone change obviously but sounded like the same as adjusting presence a bit for more clarity.

I liked the change with my recto patch. I think it may be more in the feel? I only tried back-and-fourth for like a minute and I didn’t hear a huge difference, however I do feel more happy with the general feel now. Maybe placebo, but I don’t care, I like it.

Back
Top Bottom