Recommendations: Case Humidifier for Hollowbody Guitar

Toopy14

Axe-Master
In order to keep the moisture off the lower portion of the upper sash on my double-hung windows, on really cold winter days (it's Canada, eh!), I have to keep the humidity in the house lower. I'm worried about the effects of the drier air on my Gretsch hollowbody.

Any recommendations for an easy to use case humidifier that will maintain the appropriate moisture level in the case?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Boveda, available on Amazon (can't post the link). Seems to work pretty well, and get good reviews. I will say that the 49% pack is struggling to keep my concert classical guitar humidified at the church, but it's incredibly dry there (so I'm bringing her home).

Boveda, available on Amazon (can't post the link). Seems to work pretty well, and get good reviews. I will say that the 49% pack is struggling to keep my concert classical guitar humidified at the church, but it's incredibly dry there (so I'm bringing her home).
These look promising. How long do they last if they're adding humidity to a dry environment?

I've used the same Oasis humidification system for several years in my acoustic case and it works great.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/de...B-F7cshA72ypH48JrNwSSsjp_Ll5bnwxoCL-oQAvD_BwE

I saw that one in the local guitar shop yesterday for $22 CDN, for just the humidifier. Looks simple to use and I like how it can clip to the inside of the case, which would work well for my Gretsch Country Classic case.

Maybe I'll pop-in on Boxing Day and see if it's sale or if they have the combo kit on sale.

Thanks for the input everyone! :)

I have to refill my Oasis humidifiers in my J-45 case like every few days. But they do a decent job.

Another Oasis fan here:

All of my cases has one. During the summer months I really don't have to use them, but as it gets colder the acoustics first and as it gets even colder and dryer the electrics follow.

Reusable: so in the long run cheap, never had a problem with one. That and a gallon of distilled water go a long way

I'm going on about a month, with minimal hardening of the packets. I'm hoping to get through February, but we'll have to wait and see. The church where I work is incredibly dry. I do not plan on leaving my guitars there any longer this winter because of that. They'll come with me. The packets will definitely last longer in a more humid environment, but I'm happy with them so far.

My concert classical is in a Humidicase, but I'm using the packets. The case is not as well sealed as my Pegasus case. The packets with my older concert guitar in that case are lasting very well.

Ultimately, I hope to use this system with 4 acoustic guitars.

These look promising. How long do they last if they're adding humidity to a dry environment?

Back
Top Bottom