AX8 Firmware 9.03 Released

Release notes are short...

AX8 v9.03 is based on Quantum 9.03 for the Axe-Fx II. The following features and fixes are included.
• Improved power amp modeling.
• Disabled Amp block active Presence control if power amp modeling is bypassed.
• Fixed a bug in Multitap Delay “Rhythm Tap” type delay time entry.

I am also curious about adjustments. Some folks above are saying no tweaks required. Would like to know if others are seeing any big differences

I just read half the thread for 9.03 for the AXE II, which has been out longer. You do not need to reset the amp block from 9.02 to 9.03. The consensus seems to be that the upgrade gives more clarity, maybe especially with chords. Some posters there hated, but I think they upgraded from 8 and did not reset. I am surmising tweaks will be minimal.

I just read half the thread for 9.03 for the AXE II, which has been out longer. You do not need to reset the amp block from 9.02 to 9.03. The consensus seems to be that the upgrade gives more clarity, maybe especially with chords. Some posters there hated, but I think they upgraded from 8 and did not reset. I am surmising tweaks will be minimal.
I didn't reset anything upgrading from 8.02 to 9.02 should i reset anything now when upgrading to 9.03? thanks, i'm a new user.

I was just about to write in the forum the drive pedals sound bad with clean amp sims (firmware 9.02) no matter how much i tweek them, they sounded fuzzy and fizzy. when i logged in i saw there was an update. I must say everything sounds much better now.

My Christmas holiday starts now! What a great time for a new FW. Can't wait to update my AX8. Thank you FAS Team and merry Christmas to all of you guys! :christmastree:

Thanks over and over again...lovely present for these days!!! I think my social life is over...who cares!! I have a new update, I will have no time to argue with the family!!! (as is tradition every year...)

Did I say thanX???;)

@Admin M@ for those of us who mostly do NOT use power amp modeling (due to running through a old-timey tube amp/guitar cab) , and I was setting my Amp Block Presence at 5, and now that control is 'bypassed' did you DEFAULT it to a 5 setting? Or is it something different? Thanks very much, Eric

@Admin M@ for those of us who mostly do NOT use power amp modeling (due to running through a old-timey tube amp/guitar cab) , and I was setting my Amp Block Presence at 5, and now that control is 'bypassed' did you DEFAULT it to a 5 setting? Or is it something different? Thanks very much, Eric
Yes

Back
Top Bottom