Joel Hoekstra TSO - O Come all ye Faithfull

MattBowman

FAS Social Media Advocate
I ended up recording the whole song from Trans Siberian Orchestra, the idea was to get close to Joel Hoekstra's live tone. There were no good backing tracks, so I just recorded on top of the album version, but my guitar(s) are clearly louder.
Suhr Modern into my AX8 using a BE for the amp and 2 Own Hammer IR's based on Marshall v30 speakers. I'll share the preset if anyone is interested, just did a quick recording.

Last edited:
The preset I made uses 2 Own Hammer IR's so I'll include a screen shot so you can see which ones. Here's the preset though, feel free to try your own IR(s)

Attachments

• Joel Hoekstra 1.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 136
  • Screen Shot 2017-11-24 at 7.32.32 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-11-24 at 7.32.32 PM.png
    262.7 KB · Views: 139
For anyone that cares to check it out, I recorded the rest of the song and used the same preset as before(the only thing I did was take the delay off to record the rhythm guitars in the beginning and added a wah for one part of the melody). I changed the link on the original post but will add it below too.

Nice man! We did this a few year back along with the Carol of the Bells for like the past 6 years... This was the first year we didn't do any of this stuff.. :(

Nice man! We did this a few year back along with the Carol of the Bells for like the past 6 years... This was the first year we didn't do any of this stuff.. :(
Thanks! That's too bad you didn't play it this year though. I recorded Christmas Eve Sarajevo 12/24 last week(same preset) for one of my students, you can check it out here if you'd like

Yeah, I saw that one, and it lead me to this thread ;) ... I've been trying to talk everyone into doing Lincoln Brewsters Christmas instrumental... but they're not biting on it yet .. :(

The preset I made uses 2 Own Hammer IR's so I'll include a screen shot so you can see which ones. Here's the preset though, feel free to try your own IR(s)
Thanks. Which firmware version did you build this under? I tried to import this and it seems to be doing something, but then ends with no patch showing on the grid, just an empty preset?

Anyone else have issues?

Back
Top Bottom