Happy birthday to the late great legendary Randy Rhoads.

I do wish Randy would have stuck around. Just think how many great songs and solos the world lost. He is mostly what got me started.

I do wish Randy would have stuck around. Just think how many great songs and solos the world lost. He is mostly what got me started.
Me too. And all of Ozzy’s guitar players for that matter. I didn’t start playing till about 3 years after Randy died. But I grew up learning to play guitar by learning Ozzy tunes and now I’m playing them again. Come full circle I guess.

He kind of had an early version of an AX-8...

2vm683k.jpg

RIP Randy.

Happy birthday Randy; one of my all time favorite guitar players. I was fortunate enough to meet him, get some pictures, and autographs after seeing him play the night before (front row, right in front of him). He was a guitar player that changed my life.

I truly am saddened that we only saw the tip of the iceberg when it came to his creative talents; I can only imagine what awesomeness he would have bestowed on the world. It's amazing that, in only two albums, he cemented his place (in my book anyway) as one of, if not the most, creative, gifted, and best hard rock guitar player the world has ever seen. None of the 80's metal guitar 'gods' who came after him were anywhere in his league, not even close IMO. His solos are masterpieces, and his down to earth, humble nature endeared him to me big time.

I think of him often, and of the opportunities missed...gone but surely not forgotten.

And, yea, I think Randy could have been a Fractal user, sure, in some capacity. I didn't think he was going to keep playing hard rock for much longer, and indulge himself in classical guitar, a fusion band, or ??? I just can't imagine where he would have went.. what musical form/sound/band/style/direction he would take in order to express his compositions and creativity. But, if he was still 'electrified', I can see him using one in a studio, live, for FX, etc. for sure.

I always think Hendrix would have had one too, or tried it out at the very least. Jimi loved new tech/sounds and to experiment with gadgets. He would be inspired and write a killer tune when he first landed on a really cool/weird/wacky factory FX preset :cool: He was that kinda guy...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom