Changing Tone Stack

If you're okay with sacrificing BMT functionality Hook Clean 2 has the most gain of all the tonestacks and provides a sweet midrange boost. Some amps don't have enough headroom for that much gain but models like the Hipowers or ODS-100 Clean feel great with this swap.

I'm not sure about what it would be called if it was in the list, but the sound definitely changes if you change the tonestack in one of the ODS models from "Default" to "Skyliner". So this would imply that the "Default" tonestack in the ODS models is something other than "Skyliner", meaning it's in there somewhere.

Can someone tell if there is a classic Dumbel tone stack available? I just see the skyliner

I don’t know how close it is in component values, but I tried finding something similar in tone (since I built an amp with a classic stack) and iirc I ended up with a Ford block using a Super 6G4 stack in it.

Last edited:
Has anyone played with the Active Tone Stack? Every once in a while I get a bit frustrated with the interaction of the Treble Control with the overall voicing on a conventional tone stack as you adjust it, and explore the Active Tone Stack. It's a very different way of tweaking an amp, but can be worth diving into.

Back
Top Bottom