Potentiometer in a box - does anyone sell this?

Mark Scrivener

Inspired
Rather than use multiple expression pedals with my AX8, I thought I'd use some of the external inputs for simple potentiometer trim pots that I could use to quickly tweak things like effect levels. An expression pedal would work as well, but I don't want to take up all that space. I just need to be able to bend down and quickly tweak a level. This would be supper easy to make, but I figured someone probably already makes it and I'll pay the $30-40 and be done with it. But I can't find one.

Does anyone know a vendor selling something along these lines? Just to be clear, I'm talking about something like this but with a pot instead of a switch (and a TRS jack). If it had two pots and two jacks that would be cool too.

Thanks!

Ok, I had a moment of weakness and ordered 3!!!! I figure I have the board space, so why not. I'll have one "pedal" and 3 of these little buggers for tweaking at gigs (along with the factory drive/tone/etc knobs). That and my wireless rx is all I need on the board. :)

I made mine. $10 hammond enclosure and $4 in potentiometers. Some solder and jacks. I had all the parts kick around already from my pedal building days.

Yeah, I considered that, but I'd have to order the enclosures (don't have them here now), drill the holes (I have a mill, so easy enough), paint them, then solder them up. Simple and fun project if I had the time, but I don't right now. The T1M units were only $30, so it was an easy decision. But I hear ya, I've built tons of stuff in my studio - amps, mixer desks, custom snakes, etc. Lots of fun and saves money when you have the time.

I made a 4-knob controller, with a footswitch that switches between the bottom knob and an expression pedal input.

All you need is the pots, jacks, a bit of solder and some patience.

Attachments

• 93B5EF30-B834-42DA-9376-58B81C32DA89.jpeg
    93B5EF30-B834-42DA-9376-58B81C32DA89.jpeg
    109 KB · Views: 16
Linear. Anything from 10k to 100k is fine. I think mine were like 50k and 75k.
So I think I made something wrong because I used a 20 K and it’s not working correctly. I mean... when I move it the value goes to 100% in a hurry and then for the rest of the movement nothing happens...
I think it goes to 100% in the first 30% of its rotation...

Back
Top Bottom