Using Fractal IRs on other products like the Helix

sirus1987

Inspired
A friend was wanting to buy that Misha Mansoor Cab Pack bundle, but uses a helix and not an Axe FX. Does this mean he has to purchase the full version of Cab Lab 3 to convert them, or can he use Cab Lab 3 lite?

Yes. And even then it may not be possible to export an .ir or .syx formatted Fractal IR to WAV. They’re in a proprietary format.

Right, but if you go to the cab pack bundle it says you can use them if you have and Axe FX, AX8, OR Cab Lab 3. Doesnt that allow you to use them for other devices?
Those are all Fractal products. ;)

Just an idea. If you use the DAW plug-in version of Cablab to load the IR you might be able to shoot an IR of that IR using some other program that can shoot IRs. But that's just guesswork, never tried it before.

There was a Kemper user last year that figured out how to convert FAS IR's to WAV and Kemper CAB formats...

Unless the proprietary format was cracked, the only way someone would be able to to convert, as described above shooting them as ir files, would be a violation of the licensing agreement for the cab packs and Cab Lab 3 if I remember the EULA correctly.

It may have been the year before last. I honestly don't recall... the OP can chase down the original posts if they want, but I don't have the time. Just passing on the information.

That said, I'm not certain it would be breaking some law, or EULA, or whatever. Maybe so, maybe not. It depends on how it was done.

Back
Top Bottom