Pete Thorn

Guess he couldn’t resist the Black Friday sale.
exactly....as Cliff just said this on another thread...
"I should add that NONE of our artists are paid for their endorsements. In fact they have to buy the gear. We don't give away free gear and we don't pay artists. This has been my policy since day one and we still abide by it. My feeling is that a artists should use your gear because they like it, not because they've been compensated. It also motivates us to continue to improve.

The only exception to this is that Periphery received those custom blue faceplates free. Our contract manufacturer did those no-charge for us as thanks for being a good customer."

Wonder if he will do a demo. Seems he usually only does demos if he is being compensated/endorsed by a company. Can’t say I blame him as I’d do the same if I was making a living off making music.

Here’s to hoping for a demo!

Yeah, I agree. Stoked to see a YouTube video from him on the AX8. Presets would also be cool if he does them. I also just ordered an AX8, I couldn't resist the Black November deal either, LOL! Really looking forward to it! @2112 , thank you for making lots of YouTube videos on it, they made me decide to finally take the plunge. :)

Yeah, I agree. Stoked to see a YouTube video from him on the AX8. Presets would also be cool if he does them. I also just ordered an AX8, I couldn't resist the Black November deal either, LOL! Really looking forward to it! @2112 , thank you for making lots of YouTube videos on it, they made me decide to finally take the plunge. :)

Pete normally does gear justice so it should be a fun clip.

Glad I could help, you'll love it!

Wonder if he will do a demo. Seems he usually only does demos if he is being compensated/endorsed by a company. Can’t say I blame him as I’d do the same if I was making a living off making music.

Here’s to hoping for a demo!

I think he might:
I follow Pete's YouTube channel, like allot of you. The past 5 weeks he has started doing YouTube live broadcast on Sunday afternoons (which is pretty cool BTW) as people are commenting during the broadcast the AX8 is constantly coming up as a point of interest. And it seems Pete is always saying that he doesn't own one.
So my guess now that its public he has one. He will basically have to do a video or the masses will never leave him alone.
My not see one for weeks, the guy has work to do! Plus although he is not new to Fractal, he will most likely spend allot of time with the unit to learn it inside out. One of the many reasons I love his gear demo's so much. He explores everything a given unit has to offer.

If he uses it live that will basically be an endorsement considering he has a huge pile of amps
Don't think you are going to see that. Pete has stated many times he loves amps. Not saying he wont, in the future and he has not in the past. But at this time he will always go for the amp.
But!!
He does use reactive loads and IR's, he is pretty much half way there. So who know's

John

Who cares when he got it. He got it and we have photographic evidence. I'm confident that someone like Pete will be REALLY excited once he digs into the AX8. I do hope he makes a demo vid. Pete has a lot of fans and a vid would present the AX8 to a lot of people. We already know how great the AX8 is, but a lot of other guitar players don't. It would be great to expose them to the AX8.

Wow, that kind of patience is beyond me: A picture of an AX8 in an unopened box? I had my box open within nano seconds of delivery.

When you have a studio filled with cool gear like PT does, I hardly think much get's you that excited.

Back
Top Bottom