RIP Malcom

Sad to see him go, but he did have an EXCELLENT run. I'm a little embarrassed to admit, that while this is the time of our lives where our guitar hero's of our youth are going, but I'm glad that they were able to give us these gifts, and life their lives to the fullest. I'm more sad with burgeoning artists who are cut short by their appetites, or fates happenstance.

AC/DC is one of those interesting bands where it feels like the same stuff as the last song, but it's different, and more importantly...JUST AS GOOD. The ultimate 'no frills' Rock and Roll Band where all you needed was a good hook, and off they went. It's still fresh to me as it was when I first heard it.

RIP Malcolm. You made your mark on this world, and it's got a bit of hair and sweat on it, and it's GOOD.

The cake of ACDC to the Angus frosting. The rhythm player does not get much glory, but everyone in the band knows that the rhythm player is the essential glue for the sound. Malcolm was a master. RIP Malcom.

The cake of ACDC to the Angus frosting. The rhythm player does not get much glory, but everyone in the band knows that the rhythm player is the essential glue for the sound. Malcolm was a master. RIP Malcom.

So true. I wish I could dial in his rhythm sound from Thunderstruck but without the Gretsch it's probably futile.

I borrowed a friend's Duo-Jet a couple of years ago and ran it through various Plexi models. The FilterTron pickups give you that instant Malcolm sound. Tons of bark and rasp on the attack but the sustain is lower in output so it cleans up pretty fast and continues to ring out cleanly.

If you lock in with the snare or high-hat it really emphasizes the beat.

RIP Malcolm. Dirty Deeds, Done Dirt Cheap was one of the first 3 albums I ever bought back in the day.

Back
Top Bottom