Pros Switching to Kemper

What percentage of the rig rundowns that you watched chose Fractal when they're going digital? What percentage chose Kemper? What percentage switched from one to the other? Whose rig rundowns have you seen, and whose haven't you seen?

Without that information, your post boils down to, "I've noticed that some people like Kemper. Discuss." And that, my brother, is very old news. And the discussion was beaten to death years ago. :)

My band mate uses Kemper and the sounds he gets are stunning. They put out a good product and some folks find it more to their liking. Fractal is my choice since Ultra days and we have a great blend both using different gear.

G'day Moshermax,
Your are right - a biased answer from me sorry as I'm certainly a fractal fan.
Having said that, the convenience of an integral power amp would have me looking if I was touring or playing live regularly. Also, if I had the need for just a narrow range of preferred sounds from a single amp or two, a few profiles on a Kemper might actually be really convenient.
If I wanted absolute versatility, quality, and the ability to adjust (say) the bass and treble controls with a result very close to the real amp I was emulating, I'd be way more likely to use a fractal product.
That's about as unbiased as I can get :)
Thanks
Pauly

I know probbaly posting this on the Fractal Forum might get biased answers, but I really just wanna bring up something I have noticed very recently with some bands. And would like to see what everone thinks about it. So I frequent watching alot of rig rundowns. I like to see what everyone is using, but when I see bands going digital I have seen a bigger influx of Kemper with people. Now I believe they just wanna use the profiler is because they already have very exdpensive heads , and don't wanna bring them on tour. Or Kemper must be offering some insanse discount to their artist to get them to switch. I even have notice some musicans who were using axe fx have switched. Some examples that I have seen who have switched is Sabaton who used Ax8s live to using Kemper Racks. And I just heard an interview from 2016 with Dino from Fear Factory discussing his amp set up. He even fumbles almost saying Axe Fx instead of Kemper. Now obviously the flipside you have bands like Metallica and who use them exclusivey. I love my Axe , and don't wanna switch. But would love to just get a general discussion of why this is occuring.

Why does it matter what the pros use? They have different requirements then I do. They also have guitar techs and roadies to do the heavy lifting, so they can do things I can't. First and foremost I must do the things that work best for me. I don't need the sound of a particular amp. Give me a good Marshall roar and some Fender cleans and I am happy. I do need a lot of FX and presets, as I'm tired of having to tapdance during and between songs. I need something that can replace my entire pedalboard and amp chain, not just my amps. Based on that I'm perfectly happy with my Fractal. That is the only thing that matters.

... that said, I have to agree with the OP that more often than not, in the rig rundowns I've seen (and I typically watch all of them, even bands I've never heard of) if they are running a modeling/profiling rig, it's usually Kemper.

It's certainly not anything definitive, but it's anecdotal at the very least.

As an aside, you could also make a generalization that more praise & worship guitarists use Line6 gear than AxeFX or Kemper. While you're not likely to find actual numbers to support that claim, it's still probably true.

Back
Top Bottom