How to emulate Twist mode from Boss giga delay and Boss space echo pedals?

AndrewKirkland

Inspired
I am having a tough time emulating the twist mode from Boss. This twist mode is essentially the delay time speeding up and the feedback also ramping up at the same time. When the footswitch is released the delay slows down again and fades out. This is a very sci-fi,space ship, motorcycle like sound. I tried using a momentary foot switch(set to continuous) as to get this to happen. I can get the warped/ramped up feedback sound great and I use it all the time. However getting the delay time speeding up and this feedback ramping to behave like the boss twist mode seems impossible. I tried many settings on the delay time external control like the scale/slope etc. I didn't mess with the slope and scale of the feedback ramping though.

Anyone have success nailing twist mode with their axe fx 2 delays? I have a delay going from 325-1ms when the switch is engaged. Master Feedback ramping is linear starting from 100-137%. Should I mess with the feedback ramping scale/slope? Thinking about buying a space echo for this gimmick and maybe rarely using the delay/verb.

Thanks for your time-Andrew.

Last edited:
Yes I used the tape delay type, it is just very difficult to get the slope/scale for the delay time increase and feedback ramping slope/scale dialed in to be close to this twist mode.

I did make some pretty whacky sounds that would be fun to mess with, but I want to be able to get that twist sound. I am thinking of just finding a nice recording of the twist sound and putting that into a sampler. Then using it pitch shifted and modulated in a recordings from time to time.

Back
Top Bottom