What color do you like best ?

tenor.gif

$4899

LOL

I know, right? I kind of like the colors (especially the blue), but it's something I'd expect to see in a $300 - $400 guitar. Hell, I wouldn't pay $4899 for any modern Gibson, regardless of the color or model.

I wouldn't begrudge them charging $1500-$2000 for a well-crafted, Made-in-the-USA Gibson. That's what a guitar built by people making a living wage in the USA costs. But $4900? C'moooon. It's just stupid. There's no way those guitars hold a candle to benchmark luthiers asking as much for their guitars. Suhr, PRS, Anderson, Tyler -- they all produce exceptionally high quality guitars at this price point. No one believes Gibson when they price to compete with those manufacturers.

This company can't sink fast enough.

I can relate to Gibson hate. About 5 or 6 years ago , I attempted to buy a new Les Paul. Because I live in a remote area , my guitar purchases tend to arrive via UPS. ( I know , in a perfect world , one would like to hold , feel and hear any guitar before buying , .....but I can't , so ) .....long story short , my attempt to buy a "good" Gibson turned into a multi-year event. I think I returned a dozen guitars to get a couple of good ones , and it took me a few years to accomplish that.
( Which might be one of the reasons I cherish my LPs so much.)
My first electric was a humbucker strat with a Floyd. ( Make that my second - the first was an unplayable P-O-S my folks bought for me when I was a kid.)
Years later , when I got my first LP , that thick beefy tone hooked me for life.
I love them. IMO , they look , feel and sound the best.
I have no love for the company itself , their lack of QC , or that meathead Henry , but I still love a good Les Paul ( even if there aren't many )
For a while , I was disgusted with Gibson. The time I wasted , and the frustration they caused me - pissed me off.
I've since learned to deal with the fact that LPs are not all the same quality , because humans are involved in the manufacturing process , AND greater numbers are being produced - which I'm sure adds greatly to poorer QC.
( You know Henry..... Money first )
A guitar preference is a very personal thing. Even the best made pair of seemingly identical Gibson guitars will likely not sound and feel the same. It can be quite an ordeal to get what you're after.

My first electric was a 72 lp sunburst still have, and I have a cheaper though beautifuly lp studio white, gold hardware ebony neck. NO issues. I d love one with a floyd. That said for waaaay less give ESP eclipse a shot, if you like thinner neck profiles. I love slime green, have a 7 string jackson, bought esp. to have that color!

... That said for waaaay less give ESP eclipse a shot, if you like thinner neck profiles....

I second that. Was GASing for a Gary Moore signature LP for a while but when I got my hands on it in a shop I was completely disappointed. Grabbed the ESP Eclipse next to it and although its action was set up way too low I was immediately convinced and still am. Great guitar in the 1.5k€ range.

Back
Top Bottom