I guess GAS never stops

GAS never concerns cheap things like key rings :(

But that's logical. Key rings are a dime a dozen. They can be had anywhere. You only need one or two and the decision to get one takes no effort. It's the perniciousness of GAS that there's always something out there that you can use. Or rationalize to use. And that it is often on your mind. When you think you need a piece of gear, you start thinking of it a lot. And the more you think about something, the easier it becomes to rationalize a decision to get more. In contrast, when was the last time you thought about getting a key ring? Probably only when your old one became unusable.

Although I am quite sure that there is someone out there who has a key ring fetish, a seriously obscene collection of key rings and who is always on the lookout for new ones. Rule 34 does not just apply to p0rn.

When I lived in Phoenix, I liked going to ZapCon which is an arcade and pinball convention. Lots of fun. I really liked the Star Trek: TNG and Addams Family machines. I played Metallica's machine at San Diego Comic-Con several years back when they were promoting Through The Never. I entered (and lost) a contest to get one of my own thinking "I'll figure out where to put this later". :p

My favourite when I was a kid/younger was Xenon.

Of course you can find it on youtube:

"Enter Xenon."

My favorite was Williams Triple Action. I like the old mechanical scoring reels and electromechanical relays. LEDs and shitty samples played over a speaker never did it for me. The 60s and 70s were my favorite decades for pinball and music.

Last edited:
My friend owns a Williams Funhouse machine. I personally preferred Cyclone, but Funhouse is still pretty good.

I still GAS from time to time for new guitars, but I like Mexican Strats and Korean PRSes so it's relatively easy to scratch the itch when it happens. (Hasn't happened in a while. I've got all my major bases covered.) I've also built up my collection of PA gear. I don't sing, but I run my guitar direct to FOH, so I figure the better our band's PA, the better my guitar sounds. But I've had no desire to buys any amps or effects since I bought my first Axe-Fx.

...Although I am quite sure that there is someone out there who has a key ring fetish, a seriously obscene collection of key rings and who is always on the lookout for new ones. Rule 34 does not just apply to p0rn.

LOL, back in the '90s I realized I had a big pile of keyrings (mostly trade show and beer promo swag), so I hooked them all together. Then I started buying odd ones that I'd find in toy and gift shops and adding them to the chain. I haven't added to it in 15+ years, but it's currently about 10' long. It's not a fetish...honest, lol.

Key%20Rings%20400.jpg

Ever since I was a young boy, I played the silver ball.
From Soho down to Brighton, I must have played them all.
But I ain't seen nothin' like it in any amusement hall.
That Atari pong sure makes a bouncing ball.

Back
Top Bottom