Can't Get Dump From MFC-101

sprint

Axe-Master
This could be an issue with my MFC but I'll post here to start since the issue is appearing in MFCEdit which I just purchased and am trying to get working.

Problem 1: When I request a dump into MFC-Edit I get the message: ""Invalid Message - Aborting! Last Message Type - Presets I.

Problem 2: When I try to open an syx backup from Fractal Bot, in MFC-Edit I get the message: "The File you are trying to open is not from MFC-101. It is from Axe-Fx II Mk I and you cannot open it from MFC-Edit".

I'm using:
- AxeFx II Mk I on fw 9.0
- MFC-101 Mk I on fw 3.08
- 2016 Macbook Pro running High Sierra
- EMU-XMIDI 1x1 Midi Interface cable.

I'm Connected / Setup as follows:
- No Midi In Cable to MFC-101.
- MFC-101 Midi Out to AxeFx Midi In.
- AxeFx Midi Out to Laptop.
- MFC-101 is powered by provided power adapter / Ethernet Disconnected.
- MFC-101 Midi Mode is set to "MIDI"
- AxeFx Realtimesysex = off.
- AxeFx Adaptermode = on.
- Running current AxeFx Usb driver.

I've tried the following:
- Ran MFC backup from Fractal Bot - Seems to run fine: Output file sizer recorded in Fractal Bot is 71401
- Tried to restore send MFC backup taken above to MFC - would not load.
- Reset MFC back to factory and tried again - same issue dumping to MFC-Edid.

The last items seem to suggest there is a problem with my MFC since I cannot successfully backup and restore using Fractal Bot. I guess the EMU midi interface could be the issue but it's always been solid for other midi stuff I do and it worked fine when I used to run MFC via midi before going with ethernet connection.

Any advice would be appreciated.

If you can't do a straight MFC-101 dump, through the EMU to the computer (either Fractal Bot or MFC-Edit) then the problem is cables or the EMU. Most likely the sequencing of your activities though. I have tested with the EMU and its mostly works for dumping the MFC-101 - it doesn't work very well for updating MFC-101 firmware.

If you could either PM me and attach your sysex dump from the MFC-101 or open a Fractal support ticket and attach it I'll take a look to see if there are any clues in it.

Back
Top Bottom