Mama's back ... again (AE 3.x): The Mother Of All Pedal and Effect Emulations thread

Hi,
Are the presets always good for Quantum 8 in AX8 ?
Have you a link for download all the blocks ?Thank you in advance

Hey Guys...
The previous thread was closed, so I reply here.
I have AX8 with AX8-Edit 1.8.7. Can I import blocks from this thread? Or from previous thread?
There are no information about this.
Thanks.

Try it. If you put an invalid block in your library folder AX8-Edit will tell you on startup when it scans all the files under that location.
Sure that’s not any damage or problem to the Pedalboard? What blocks can I use?from this or other thread?

Reactions: Rex
Ok... I Have tried....
No .blk file works with my AX8 (edit v 1.8.7, quantum 10.01). No one.

I have tried to load also .syx files from previous thread but AX8-Edit doesn't load it.

So.... @yek is possible to create a simil-thread for AX8?
Thanks.

Ok... I Have tried....
No .blk file works with my AX8 (edit v 1.8.7, quantum 10.01). No one.

I have tried to load also .syx files from previous thread but AX8-Edit doesn't load it.

So.... @yek is possible to create a simil-thread for AX8?
Thanks.
You used the Block Library function of AX8- Edit, right? Instead of trying to drag&drop them it's loaded them like a preset?

You used the Block Library function of AX8- Edit, right? Instead of trying to drag&drop them it's loaded them like a preset?
Ok I have tried this method.... but nothing.
The AX8-edit show me the same message. The .blk files in this thread are not compatible.

Last edited:
I’m surprised. I thought at least some of them would work. At least nothing broke.

No one.
No .syx file from previous thread (mama's back for axe II) and no .blk file from this thread.
I Tried:
1) AX8-Edit: preset -> Import (for .syx files).
2) copy .blk files into documents/AX8-Edit/blocks
3) drag and drop .syx files and .blk files into AX8-Edit

The message is always the same:
The block was saved using Axe-Fx II Original/MK II firmware version 12.03 and is not compatible with the connected device's firmware.

I Tried:
1) AX8-Edit: preset -> Import (for .syx files).
You can’t import Axe-Fx presets into the AX8, so that will never work. You could use FracTool to convert them, though.

2) copy .blk files into documents/AX8-Edit/blocks
Did you then use the Block Library function in AX8-Edit to load them?

3) drag and drop .syx files and .blk files into AX8-Edit
I would not expect that to work ever.

You cannot directly use Axe FX presets in an AX-8. They need to be converted for the AX-8 with FracTool (search and you will find it).

As for the block files, I've never dragged and drop a block directly into Axe Edit so I personally don't know it that works. The way I access block files is I create an instance of the type of block I want (e.g. Wah) in AX-8 Edit then select the block variant from the pulldown list (which reads from the block library folder specified in AX-8 Edit's preferences.

I hope to get a chance to try these blocks out this weekend so assuming I get them to work, I'll share how I did it.

You cannot directly use Axe FX presets in an AX-8. They need to be converted for the AX-8 with FracTool (search and you will find it).

As for the block files, I've never dragged and drop a block directly into Axe Edit so I personally don't know it that works. The way I access block files is I create an instance of the type of block I want (e.g. Wah) in AX-8 Edit then select the block variant from the pulldown list (which reads from the block library folder specified in AX-8 Edit's preferences.

I hope to get a chance to try these blocks out this weekend so assuming I get them to work, I'll share how I did it.

I have tried with FracTool (last version).
So, I tried to convert .syx files from old thread (Mama's back AXE II) but FracTool show me this message:
Unknow file type
Then I tried to convert .blk files from this thread. It's ok: FracTool convert my files. but....
when I copy them in block folder... AX8-Edit says me:
The block was saved using AX8 firmware version 248.03 and is not compatible with the connected device's firmware.

So I say in latin "PAX VOBIS" (=peace to you)
These and Those .syx/.blk files DOESN'T work with AX8....

So I ask to @yek too, if is possible to create a "Mama's" thread for AX8....

thanks to all

Back
Top Bottom