OwnHammer V4 Impulse Response Libraries

Personally I think this HHC2 is more of an all-around than the first one which had more metal type cabs like the Diezel and Orange. The Zilla cabs include greenbacks which are more of a vintage tone.

Honestly, you may want to look at the California Duo or Core Tone bundles instead. The Core Tone has a Deluxe with a great Fane alnico speaker, a Vox AC30 with Blues, an oversized Marshall with old greenbacks, and a Mesa Recto with V30. So it covers everything. The California Duo has two cabs with four different speakers each. One cab is an open back Mesa 2x12 which includes a Blue and a few others and the other is a Recto with greenback H and M speakers and two different V30's. The 4x12 in that is very versatile for everything from mid gain on up. Not as versatile on the cleans as the Core Tone though. The Mesa 2x12 Blues is a little brighter while the Vox is a little smoother.

If I were starting out with OH I would get the Core Tone and then the Marshall 4x12 Checkerboard H75/M75 combo. That's $45 total, but you get a great Fender 1x12, Vox 2x12, three different Marshall 4x12 greenbacks (including some speaker mixes), and a Mesa 4x12 V30. That will do pretty much everything.

For you guys that bought the new HHC, I have a question. I know that this pack is geared towards heavy (no pun intended) or metal music. How does it play with more vintage type amps or genres like alternative rock? (Biffy Clyro, Foo Fighters, Muse, ect.) Would my money be better spent on something else OwnHammer?

I honestly think this pack is very versatile.
Especially the Zilla cabs.
I'd use those for any genre really...

But of course the packs Jarick mentioned are great too.

Yes those Zilla cabs from the HHC 2 are very smooth and singing. You can use it for any kind of genre and amp. Here is a little clip with the USA IIC+Brt/Dp with fw 9 beta and speaker comp on 5.00 in a stereo cab:
OH 212 ZLFB H75 Full and OH 212 ZLSF M25 Full. What a great tone....

Yes those Zilla cabs from the HHC 2 are very smooth and singing. You can use it for any kind of genre and amp. Here is a little clip with the USA IIC+Brt/Dp with fw 9 beta and speaker comp on 5.00 in a stereo cab:
OH 212 ZLFB H75 Full and OH 212 ZLSF M25 Full. What a great tone....

Awesome as always!

I'm finding the 70 M+ files are a great foundation to contrast speakers and cabinets. I especially love running them stereo with XL Pawn 313 C from the first FAS Wellspring pack (CP21) for low end definition. Each pack I've purchased from OH is now represented with respective 70 M+, MID M+ and SP2 M+ files in my AX8.

That A type speaker in the latest DVRB pack sounds so good. I was able to dial in Pete's tones in this video with hardly any tweaks outside of BMT. I'm thinking I might try to roll some mixes with the FN-AXA pack.

@ownhammer I had a question in regard to your Fred position. is this IR only the off axis mic of the fredman technique? or is it the on and off axis mic mixed together?

Ok, wasn't sure because the description in the read me from the packs that have it, makes it sound as though it is only the off axis mic meant for making your own mixes.
I'm sorry. I misunderstood the question. My initial response was wrong. You are correct about the FRED being just the off axis mic position. The "CUT" mix is two SM57's, one on axis and one off axis.

Sorry for the confusion.

Been quite on the @ownhammer website. Thought we might get some Christmas goodies, but that's okay. I'm sure Kevin is spending some well deserved time off with his family, during the holidays. :)

Back
Top Bottom