Favourite superclean amps atm?

For information, i use the "the DR Bonkers dirty shirley 1X12", and it's magic.The best Ir's i have heard since i use Fractal Axe FX2 and now AX8.
The G-12 65 cream back is perfect. Try it, the price is very low, and the quality is the best that i have heard.
Since long time, i bought some IR, but i found the "Graal ". Very useful for all sound, clean, to dirty to hard.

I really like the JM45 for the time being. I find it less stiff than the Fender models I used to use for clean sounds, and it works great when I'm switching back and forth from JM45 for clean and Dirty Shirley for crunch.

For information, i use the "the DR Bonkers dirty shirley 1X12", and it's magic.The best Ir's i have heard since i use Fractal Axe FX2 and now AX8.
The G-12 65 cream back is perfect. Try it, the price is very low, and the quality is the best that i have heard.
Since long time, i bought some IR, but i found the "Graal ". Very useful for all sound, clean, to dirty to hard.
I looked it up!
I'm sure its good but maybe they should think about getting someone else to record their demos..

Great tip about the SDD preamp! Tried it last night with the BandCommander model, and a Stratocaster. Thought it worked really well.

It pays off to lurk around this forum, and sniff for hints and knowledge :-D

That's my main clean setup. SDD -> Bandmaster. Also with a Strat

Little late, but better than never...that preset I promised.

http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=5800

ODS 100 Clean with some drive options to put a little edge on it and then slather it in overdrive. Really meant to be played with a nice, single coil Strat.

Edit: doh. Left a COMP block on in that preset. I think the dynamics are way better with it off. Try it, decide for yourself.

Last edited:
I looked it up!
I'm sure its good but maybe they should think about getting someone else to record their demos..

Anyone who wants to record a demo is more than welcome to post it. ;)

There are several on my site for other packs that users have posted and allowed me to use.

In order to offer my ir packs at affordable prices, I did my own one take dry and re-amp it through presets in the Axe-Fx 2 via USB. I use the same awful dry recording for all the pack demos to give consistency for comparison.

They are meant to give an idea of how the ir sits in a typical mix, not show off non-existent ripping chops.

I am a one man shop except for a webmaster I call once in a while to troubleshoot heavy coding.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom