Need an advice about "Bright" ou "bright switch and bright cap"

slashy

Inspired
Hi,
In order to put the Dirty Shirley more "bright", what do you doing ?
Do you increase the bright button ? or do you prefer engage the "bright switch" .
In the case of using the "bright" switch, i find the sound too much "bright". Perhaps decrease the Bright Cap ( 1000 in standard).
Thank in advance.

You could also try boosting 4K in the amp GEQ or use a brighter IR. I'm assuming you have tried cranking the treble control.

Good idea, i try The 4K in the amp GEQ tomorrow.
But i would want to know more about the "Bright button" and the "bright switch/ Bright Cap".

Good idea, i try The 4K in the amp GEQ tomorrow.
But i would want to know more about the "Bright button" and the "bright switch/ Bright Cap".

The bright cap knob allows you to select the value of the bright cap whereas in the actual amp it would obviously be a fixed value. Experiment with this as it makes a big difference. In the Marshall models (at least the Plexis) it defaults to a very high value. I'm not in front of the AX8 but maybe on the Shirley it defaults to a lower value. If so, crank it up. I think the Shirley is bit darker than the BE-100 and even on the BE I run the value up pretty high. The Friedmans are boomy as hell and to me benefit from high treble/bright cap values.

My settings with a real cab. I increased the MV cap to add presence and the dynamic depth to keep the low tight. Bright cap off. The result depends on your guitar. The file goes to your amp folder.

Attachments

• Shirley_20171001_233209.blk
    817 bytes · Views: 4
Back
Top Bottom