Help needed with midi switching

RyszardG

Hi all,

I'm new to the Fractal Audio family. Literally bought the FX8 today and wanted to use it as a MIDI footswitch with my Hughes & Kettner GM40. I want to use the FX8 effects with the amp distortion.

So far I have been left perplexed and scratching my head on how to go about this. Is there anyone out there who could help me setting this up?

Kind regards,

Rys

i set up my EVH 5150 III 50w for midi switching yesterday, i would imagine the H&K will be similar.

The trick is in the config page, scroll down past the effects layout until you get to the MIDI stuff, then look in your amp manual to find out how to get the amp to receive MIDI changes.

from the manual:

TO SET THE MIDI MESSAGES FOR A SCENE... The FX8 can send one MIDI Program Change (“PC”) and one Control Change (“CC”) message per scene. You can send different messages on different channels for each scene. Use this feature to change the channel of a MIDI-controlled amp, select presets on a connected Axe-FX, or control any other MIDI device. 1. Load the desired preset and select the desired scene. 2. Press PAGE from the Footswitch page to turn to the Configuration-screen (“CFG” tab). 3. Use NAV and VALUE to select and edit the desired parameters: MIDI PC and MIDI CH for a MIDI Program Change message, and CC NUM, CC VAL, and CC CH for a CC message. Note: The MIDI Footswitch block can also be used to send MIDI data from a footswitch (and therefore a scene!) It even supports XY for twice the MIDI messaging. See “The MIDI Footswitch Block” on page 48

i set up my EVH 5150 III 50w for midi switching yesterday, i would imagine the H&K will be similar.

The trick is in the config page, scroll down past the effects layout until you get to the MIDI stuff, then look in your amp manual to find out how to get the amp to receive MIDI changes.

from the manual:

TO SET THE MIDI MESSAGES FOR A SCENE... The FX8 can send one MIDI Program Change (“PC”) and one Control Change (“CC”) message per scene. You can send different messages on different channels for each scene. Use this feature to change the channel of a MIDI-controlled amp, select presets on a connected Axe-FX, or control any other MIDI device. 1. Load the desired preset and select the desired scene. 2. Press PAGE from the Footswitch page to turn to the Configuration-screen (“CFG” tab). 3. Use NAV and VALUE to select and edit the desired parameters: MIDI PC and MIDI CH for a MIDI Program Change message, and CC NUM, CC VAL, and CC CH for a CC message. Note: The MIDI Footswitch block can also be used to send MIDI data from a footswitch (and therefore a scene!) It even supports XY for twice the MIDI messaging. See “The MIDI Footswitch Block” on page 48

Any chance you can help me with my 5150 III sstupid? I do not understand the midi switching and I’m lost in what the 5150 manual says to do as well. I’d like to have each patch have a scene based on my blue (gain ch 2) channel and then scene 2 is a red (lead ch 3) channel. Is that with PC or CC and what values are used with the 5150? I have an FX8 MKII. Thanks In advance.

Hi all,

I'm new to the Fractal Audio family. Literally bought the FX8 today and wanted to use it as a MIDI footswitch with my Hughes & Kettner GM40. I want to use the FX8 effects with the amp distortion.

So far I have been left perplexed and scratching my head on how to go about this. Is there anyone out there who could help me setting this up?

Kind regards,

Rys
this amp seems to only have MIDI for control. are you familiar with MIDI at all? what do you know, so we know where to start helping you.

Any chance you can help me with my 5150 III sstupid? I do not understand the midi switching and I’m lost in what the 5150 manual says to do as well. I’d like to have each patch have a scene based on my blue (gain ch 2) channel and then scene 2 is a red (lead ch 3) channel. Is that with PC or CC and what values are used with the 5150? I have an FX8 MKII. Thanks In advance.
you should probably start your own thread so we can focus on your amp, rather than this thread which is focused on a H&K amp.

click this link, then Start New Thread in the top right section of the page: https://forum.fractalaudio.com/forums/fx8-discussion.78/

Back
Top Bottom