R2R cracks Helix Native

Status
Not open for further replies.
It sucks to see that some of you guys are thieves that think they're entitled to stuff. You're not even capable of stealing it on your own, you have to have someone that is actually smart do it for you. Do you thieves go into stores or break into houses and steal stuff too? Probably not, that would actually be risky.

Line 6 should be fully chuffed with having their software cracked and spread far and wide.......all that free exposure!

They should consider releasing an album, go on tour, make a fortune from selling merchandise.....

If you take the property of another wrongfully, that's stealing. A person who commits the act of stealing is a thief.

No matter what types of rationalization you try to use, you are a thief. Plain and simple. I bet you would never walk into a clothing store and start shoving shirts and pants into a bag and leave without paying for it. But because you're behind a computer screen, you will steal. That just makes you more of a coward.

If you take the property of another wrongfully, that's stealing. A person who commits the act of stealing is a thief.

No matter what types of rationalization you try to use, you are a thief. Plain and simple. I bet you would never walk into a clothing store and start shoving shirts and pants into a bag and leave without paying for it. But because you're behind a computer screen, you will steal. That just makes you more of a coward.

wtf is going on with you?
This thread wasn't supposed to be a place for high and mighty moral purists to bash other users for talking about the pirated software... right?

wtf is going on with you?
This thread wasn't supposed to be a place for high and mighty moral purists to bash other users for talking about the pirated software... right?

Actually, that is exactly what the thread is about. People with poor morals - the folks that steal - are the problem. What's wrong with bashing thieves?

I agree that someone who downloads software without compensating the developer is stealing. Is there a difference between stealing a shirt and illegally downloading software? Again, both are theft. In the case of a pirate who has absolutely no intention of ever purchasing a piece of software regardless, the developer isn't actually losing money. However, with respect to consumers who are willing to pay for software but opt to download it illegally, they are losing money. In the case of someone who steals a shirt, a proprietor is losing money either way regardless because the item is a tangible product. There's no question both are theft, however they're not completely analogous.

Last edited:
Someone who doesn’t steal is a purist?

Are you , a mod, really asking me to go off right here about my thoughts on theft, which also necessarily includes discussion of morality, capitalism, violence, ethics under capitalism, and labor theory?

Because that seems like it would further derail the thread???

But shortest possible answer: Someone who doesn't steal in one form or another, I've never met. But yeah they probably are a purist. But the reason I used that word is because members are attacking other members over a perceived affront on their personal moral code, that is actually completely inconsequential to their lives, But you guys just posted to the shame the other guy and make sure everyone knows you (for some reason?) are triggered by discussion of theft against corporate entities. That's annoying. I was enjoying reading the thread up until then.

I agree that someone who downloads software without compensating the developer is stealing. Is there a difference between stealing a shirt and illegally downloading software? Again, both are theft. In the case of a pirate who has absolutely no intention of ever purchasing a piece of software regardless, the developer isn't actually losing money. However, with respect to consumers who are willing to pay for software but opt to download it illegally, they are losing money. In the case of someone who steals a shirt, a proprietor is losing money either way regardless because the item is a tangible product. There's no question both are theft, however they're not completely analogous.
So, as long as I was never going to buy it, I can go ahead and download it from R2R? They wouldn't be losing money, right?

I used to tag people's accounts with "Self-Admitted Thief" when they said things like some of what we see above, but as the numbers grew, I didn't want newcomers to be put off by this weird label.

The problem is pretty widespread. Through this forum's admin tools, I get an email whenever the email notification for a private message is rejected by the recipient's address. As it happens, this email includes the CONTENTS of the private message. You'd be surprised at the number of these which deal with software piracy or the illegal trading of cab packs. Sometimes on Facebook, people will message me offering to trade Cab Packs without realizing that I work for Fractal Audio.

That's the lame sort of justification that people use to make themselves feel better about being thieving scumbags.

Here's another scenario - someone finds a huge log in the middle of the road and carves a bunch of statues out of it and you steal one of those - is that like stealing a shirt or stealing software? They're not out any money either but it is a tangible product.

Stealing is stealing, no matter how you sugar coat it.

Are you , a mod, really asking me to go off right here about my thoughts on theft, which also necessarily includes discussion of morality, capitalism, violence, ethics under capitalism, and labor theory?

Because that seems like it would further derail the thread???

But shortest possible answer: Someone who doesn't steal in one form or another, I've never met. But yeah they probably are a purist. But the reason I used that word is because members are attacking other members over a perceived affront on their personal moral code, that is actually completely inconsequential to their lives, But you guys just posted to the shame the other guy and make sure everyone knows you (for some reason?) are triggered by discussion of theft against corporate entities. That's annoying. I was enjoying reading the thread up until then.

Please, enlighten us on the various ways you find stealing acceptable. This should be awesome.

So, as long as I was never going to buy it, I can go ahead and download it from R2R? They wouldn't be losing money, right?

Please don't put words in my mouth. I never implied it's ethical to steal. Theft is theft, however your example wasn't completely analogous. If you can explain how a software company is losing money on someone who downloads software illegally even though said individual would never purchase said software assuming they had the money, please do.

His analogy equated stealing a shirt to stealing software. You support this quite literally by saying "Theft is theft. Period." LOL

Well, music is music, but an MP3 isn't completely analogous to a CD. The issue wasn't whether they're both theft. I stated unequivocally that they were in the original post you replied to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom