Friedman advices

slashy

Inspired
Hi everybody,after playing during 2 years on the Triptik model, i have tried the Friedman BE V2.
So good !
But i need some advices please.
Is the famous "SAT" button= Boost ?
I own the Cab Pack 10 with the Mark Day custom 4X12, is anybody have some good advices to mix the greenback and the V30 ?
Thank you in advance.

Do you mean the saturation switch on the actual amp? If so, that is achieved by setting the saturation switch to "Auth" on the AX8. It's in the basic page of the amp block.

For mixing the cabs, you'll need the Fractal Cab Lab software for that.

Yes , i know for Cab Lab.i have it. But i just want to know which combinaison of Mic and Cab (of Mark Day Cab) you use.
For the "Sat" button, i don't speak about saturation switch but which is the button for imitate the "Sat" button of the Friedman BE ? Sorry for my bad english written....

Is the famous "SAT" button= Boost ?
On real amps, saturation switches insert clipping diodes into the circuit. This causes more distortion, but it also reduces the volume. The "Authentic" saturation type in the AX8 models that. The "Ideal" type models the added distortion without the loss of volume.

In the Yek guide, we have :"
The SAT switch is also available in our models. It was designed to be used in the BE or C45 mode to add gain, compression and saturation. Don't overlook this, it's a treat! What also works well: engage Boost. "
What is this SAT Switch ??? and where ?
Thank you in advance.

What is this SAT Switch ??? and where ?
Thank you in advance.
What it is...

On real amps, saturation switches insert clipping diodes into the circuit. This causes more distortion, but it also reduces the volume. The "Authentic" saturation type in the AX8 models that. The "Ideal" type models the added distortion without the loss of volume.

As for where...

From front panel if you page over to the "ADV" tab of the Amp block, it's the 9th item down, options are "Off", "On (Auth)", and "On (Ideal)".

In Axe-Edit you'll find a switch with those three options on the "Basic" tab (down toward the lower right corner, between the "Bright Cap" and "Saturation Drive" knobs).

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-09-09 at 9.57.31 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-09-09 at 9.57.31 AM.png
    169.8 KB · Views: 32
Back
Top Bottom