Best Monitor for spreading sound

chris5150

Inspired
I have my 'man cave' room that I use with a pair of genelec's 8350's , sitting with the monitors 12 feet away perfectly placed gives me excellent sound.
Problem is I have a similar setup in my lounge, and I play whilst moving about etc, struggle to get a good sound spread, find that the genelecs are great in the static sitting/placement but move off axis a bit and it gets a bit lost. In the lounge I move say 10 -15 ft left or right of the monitors etc.
Is there a particular monitor(s ) that has a better sound dispersement for such things, you see some with the speakers on the side of the cabinet as well as the front, wondering if that would help
cheers

The side mounted speakers are usually bass elements. It's just to save space on the front baffle and to make the whole speaker box smaller. Bass is unidirectional and goes everywhere, so the side placement doesnt matter. The Bigger the speaker, the lower frequencies it can control, while the highest frequencies are always pretty much laser beams.

In these cases you might need to double up on monitors to get a wider dispersion being careful not to create combing issues.

cheers sixstring, that is one option I thought of, getting another pair of monitors for a wider dispersion, might drag my man cave ones up to the lounge & see what it sounds like with 4 before committing to buy..good thinking!

Back
Top Bottom