Review: Atomic Amps CLR Powered Wedge Neo Version

Great review! One criticism: your incorrect use of the word "literal." No speaker can literally "blow you" (although who knows what the future holds) much less 'through a wall.' Sorry the word "literal" is often used incorrectly and literally too much

Marty McFly disagrees.

giphy.gif

Scott, thanks for the review. Just dipping my toes in the water now that I bought an AX8. I have my JBL powered floor monitors and my Meyer CQ1s, but I will buy a CLR for the rig as I need my PA speakers for the PA. I trust your ears for sure.

At home I'm using the Focal studio monitors and love those. Too bad the CLRs aren't available. Trying to find a Neo used, but I may just get the standard one used since they don't weigh any more than the JBLs I'm used to lugging.

Have you tried the Mission Gemini 2's? I like the fact that the cab is stereo within itself, although I don't go for "ambient" type of tones too much.

Scott, thanks for the review. Just dipping my toes in the water now that I bought an AX8. I have my JBL powered floor monitors and my Meyer CQ1s, but I will buy a CLR for the rig as I need my PA speakers for the PA. I trust your ears for sure.

At home I'm using the Focal studio monitors and love those. Too bad the CLRs aren't available. Trying to find a Neo used, but I may just get the standard one used since they don't weigh any more than the JBLs I'm used to lugging.

Have you tried the Mission Gemini 2's? I like the fact that the cab is stereo within itself, although I don't go for "ambient" type of tones too much.
I've not heard the Gemini's. I'm not a big believer in stereo for live use; it's only stereo within a limited 'cone' and unless you stay in that - or your audience does - it's much ado about nothing.

Back
Top Bottom