Communication timeout problem with Q.8

Malvolio

Inspired
Like a number of other folks, I'm getting frequent communication timeouts between my AxeFX II and AxeEdit (latest version) since upgrading to Q.8. I understand this may be a problem in AxeEdit and not Q.8, but a couple of things lead me to believe the problem is on the AxeFX side. First, the problem only occurs with Q.8. It never happened before I upgraded, and switching to Q.7 fixes the problem. Second, when the problem occurs, relaunching AxeEdit doesn't help. I have to reboot the AxeFX.

I reported this once before and there were many replies from people who were having the same problem. I got a notice that the thread was moved to another forum, but the forum mentioned in the notice has been deactivated, so the original thread seems to have disappeared.

Anyway, considering how many people have been experiencing this problem ever since Q.8 firmware was released, would it be possible to get a comment from FractalAudio about any news on this?

Last edited:
Same here, had to reinstall Axe edit and Driver several times, also another USB Port.

In FW 7 the Pause Communication worked very fine - with Q8 i also have to reboot the Axe like Malvolio.

MK II User here.

Same here.
I have tried the obvious, like reinstalling Axe-Edit and USB Drivers, reinstalling FW and factory presets on the AxeFX, it just won't go away.
The only thing I've tried so far that seems to alleviate the problem, if I launch Axe-Edit *BEFORE* I turn on AxeFX the problem seems to somewhat happen less frequently, but it won't completely disappear.

The only solution that seems to work is to go back to firmware Q7.

In the thread that was removed, Cliff replied to say he would look into this problem. Considering how many people are affected by this, could someone from Fractal chime in to let us know what the status is? And let us know if there is anything we can do to help get this resolved.

Ha, I thought it is my computer. The easy workaround is to remove the USB cable from the Axe-Fx (leave it powered on) and then reconnect it. Works for me 100% of the time.

Not using an Axe-Fx 2, but I have this same problem with my AX8. Multiple timeouts on a daily basis. Great to see a fix is on the way, hopefully, it will come over to the next AX8 release too.

Back
Top Bottom