cabIR.eu CORE 4 TONE starter pack

Just purchased. Can't wait to try. This is exactly what I need is balanced impulses. I get tired falling in the rabbit hole tweaking speakers to match amps.

Pretty cool - Maybe the Tweed should be my project tonight.

My problem with both the Tweed and the Thiele is that while I love both, I try to keep all my live tones strictly British. I use Marshalls and Voxes only (except I sneak in the CAE 3+ preamp for Toto-style stuff, and I sort of count the Wrecker Rocket as a Vox-type as well), so I am probably not going to use these cabs so much. But I definitely appreciate them at home (and who knows, maybe there is another band project in the future, where I may try to take my tones in a different direction.
In the band, i also try to use as less amp/cab combinations for live usage as possible. Why? Because the FOH guy will get crazy, if the "over all" frequency spectrum change every minute, and he have to adjust all the time your guitar channel, to keep it up in the mix with the rest... That said, it COULD work, but you have really to make sure, that your "over all presets" frequency response (and volume levels) will be comparable. So, that said - i`m with you :)

Recording situation or just playing for yourself is a totally different situation, imo ...

Just purchased. Can't wait to try. This is exactly what I need is balanced impulses. I get tired falling in the rabbit hole tweaking speakers to match amps.
Wel, ... :) Curious about your findings! :)

In the band, i also try to use as less amp/cab combinations for live usage as possible. Why? Because the FOH guy will get crazy, if the "over all" frequency spectrum change every minute, and he have to adjust all the time your guitar channel, to keep it up in the mix with the rest...

+1

Just bought them, was looking for well balanced IRs. Should I be using the 500ms, 96Khz 24 bit for ultrares ?
:) Can`t wait, what you`ll think about them! Please don`t overlook the USER GUIDE PDFs! There is some information worth to know in it, IMO ... ;) Don`t stop in the QUICKSTART folder! FOCUS folder is key, at least for me. Other users like the CAB_rear+[close mic] mixes in the MIX-CLASSICS folder also. Start with a default setting on the Amp & Cab Block! Have fun ...

fractalaudio devices run on 48KhZ / 24 bit. Use these! Difference between 170ms & 500ms (when converting as Ultra-Res FAS format): The 500ms will have a "tad" more "air", maybe only audible with headphones and no additional reverb. Minor difference! The "save bank" are the 170ms ones... or compare for yourself :) Depends on subjective preferences, which ones you`ll prefer...

The Marshall its a little thin for my taste, but that's probably how that specific cab sounds.

@yek , well i thought a lot about it and well ... maybe the AX1960 is just not for you ... and i think it`s the cabinet.

Let`s compare the cabIR.eu MR-AX1960_G12M25 (BLUE) with the cabiIR.eu MR-CB71_G12M25 (GREEN):
public.php

As you see, the old Checkerboard cab from 1971 1960A (GREEN) with the old pre-rola Greenbacks will:
- Have more low end: aprox. 2db between 80 - 120Hz.
- The old one pronounce more (lower) mids: between aprox. 320 - 600Hz & around 1,5KhZ
- Will have less upper midrange / highs: see the mountain between 3 and 4,5KhZ on the AX1960 (BLUE). Not so on the old one. From aprox. 5 to 6,5KhZ the AX1960 is aprox. 8db louder!

(Ignore the NULL IR and the RED Thiele plot ... but if you may ask, what the dip at 50Hz will come from: I would say from the bassreflex ported construction...)

So: YES: The MR-AX1960 is in comparison to the other cabIR.eu MR-CB71_G12M25, based on the same cabinet, based on the same speaker (from the name, we call them: 25W Greenies...) totally different! Is it better or worse? No, it is different! Noticable different. I like the AX1960 for classic rock, it cuts well thru the Mix with the band and honestly, the video clip i`ve done with my ES335 and the stock Plexi Amp sim from the Axe ... i can`t say, it would be "thin" ... IMO. It sounds well balanced to me... or better: It is not the badest match with THIS amp sim and my guitar - at least to my ears... as said: I did ZERO tweaks, to make it sound... anyhow "better" ...
The MR-CB71 in contrary is to me more the "SRV" cab: More "fat" midrange pronouncing, great with a strat, IMO ... to me, subjectiveley ...

I´ll PM you :D

Just bought them, was looking for well balanced IRs. Should I be using the 500ms, 96Khz 24 bit for ultrares ?

fractalaudio devices run on 48KhZ / 24 bit. Use these! Difference between 170ms & 500ms (when converting as Ultra-Res FAS format): The 500ms will have a "tad" more "air", maybe only audible with headphones and no additional reverb. Minor difference! The "save bank" are the 170ms ones... or compare for yourself :) Depends on subjective preferences, which ones you`ll prefer...

Fractal Audio UltraRes IRs are 200 ms (I believe), and I don't think anyone can hear the difference between 170 ms and 200 ms length, so I usually load the 170 ms ones. That works great for me.

@Morphosis, in the download options, we receive on e-mail. I would love it, if you included a "Download everything" option. Storage space is a non-issue, and it just feels right to download everything and archive it.

@yek , well i thought a lot about it and well ... maybe the AX1960 is just not for you ... and i think it`s the cabinet.

Let`s compare the cabIR.eu MR-AX1960_G12M25 (BLUE) with the cabiIR.eu MR-CB71_G12M25 (GREEN):
public.php

As you see, the old Checkerboard cab from 1971 1960A (GREEN) with the old pre-rola Greenbacks will:
- Have more low end: aprox. 2db between 80 - 120Hz.
- The old one pronounce more (lower) mids: between aprox. 320 - 600Hz & around 1,5KhZ
- Will have less upper midrange / highs: see the mountain between 3 and 4,5KhZ on the AX1960 (BLUE). Not so on the old one. From aprox. 5 to 6,5KhZ the AX1960 is aprox. 8db louder!

(Ignore the NULL IR and the RED Thiele plot ... but if you may ask, what the dip at 50Hz will come from: I would say from the bassreflex ported construction...)

So: YES: The MR-AX1960 is in comparison to the other cabIR.eu MR-CB71_G12M25, based on the same cabinet, based on the same speaker (from the name, we call them: 25W Greenies...) totally different! Is it better or worse? No, it is different! Noticable different. I like the AX1960 for classic rock, it cuts well thru the Mix with the band and honestly, the video clip i`ve done with my ES335 and the stock Plexi Amp sim from the Axe ... i can`t say, it would be "thin" ... IMO. It sounds well balanced to me... or better: It is not the badest match with THIS amp sim and my guitar - at least to my ears... as said: I did ZERO tweaks, to make it sound... anyhow "better" ...
The MR-CB71 in contrary is to me more the "SRV" cab: More "fat" midrange pronouncing, great with a strat, IMO ... to me, subjectiveley ...

I´ll PM you :D

I agree! Different cabs and it all comes down to taste. I tend to like fatter, darker Marshall tones: Friedman, Bogner, '70 Plexi.
The AX sits at the other end of the spectrum, not worse in any way, just different, brighter ("thin" was a poor choice of words).

Fractal Audio UltraRes IRs are 200 ms (I believe), and I don't think anyone can hear the difference between 170 ms and 200 ms length, so I usually load the 170 ms ones. That works great for me.
Nope. Ultra Res support 170ms. I believe, it supports exactly quad times of Hi-Res: 2048 X4 = 8192. 8192/48000 = 170,66ms.

@Morphosis, in the download options, we receive on e-mail. I would love it, if you included a "Download everything" option. Storage space is a non-issue, and it just feels right to download everything and archive it.
Great idea and i would like to! i had this idea also before, but i am not a programer and i unfortunateley believe, the shop software won`t support that, at least never found a solution for that ;(, sorry. That said, providing all the different file formats in singel ZIP folders has the historical reason, that after the first release of cabIR.eu many people got problems to download with not that "high-speed" internet connections ... not everybody lives in countries or in metropoles with the greatest internet connection ... so, for those it`s much easier to keep file size small ...

Last edited:
I agree! Different cabs and it all comes down to taste. I tend to like fatter, darker Marshall tones: Friedman, Bogner, '70 Plexi.
The AX sits at the other end of the spectrum, not worse in any way, just different, brighter ("thin" was a poor choice of words).

You might like the cabIR.eu MR Pin 68, that is one of my favorite IRs.

You might like the cabIR.eu MR Pin 68, that is one of my favorite IRs.
:) Mine too ... just love this cabinet! But i have now to test (for private usage) the MR-PIN68 against the new MR-AX1960. Could be that the MR-AX1960 could even better cut thru in band context for classic rock rythm work with a HB in the bridge ... have to test it in the rehearsal room after holidays :) I`ll see...

:) Mine too ... just love this cabinet! But i have now to test (for private usage) the MR-PIN68 against the new MR-AX1960. Could be that the MR-AX1960 could even better cut thru in band context for classic rock rythm work with a HB in the bridge ... have to test it in the rehearsal room after holidays :) I`ll see...

There is no other IR pack I have tried that sounds like the MR-PIN68, it is the best IR pack ever created as far as I am concerned.

Morphosis ya'll at CABIR.EU have out done your self's! Got to play with this over the week end. for me the less is more works well with this group of IR's(ax still my fav though). The focus IR's are very good for all 4 cabs.

I am glad you have stuck with separate files to scale down the size of the files. I live in a area were it is not possible to have real high speed internet that is reliable\affordable.

I've also just purchased the pack,I'm having trouble loading them onto my XL+ all the cabs are ghosted,I have tried with Axe Manage Cabs,Import and Fractal Bot What am i missing

Just tried the Marshall with JTM45, single coil bridge pickup. Sweet sound.

There was a sound clip yesterday I saw on Facebook promoting this pack where there was a Mark IV through what I believe was the Marshall. I loved the sound. It convinced me to buy. Now I can't locate the clip and I can't remember if I have the amp/cab combo correct. Did anyone see it and can help?

So I finally got to try this pack. I gotta admit that I like it quite a bit. Been using mostly Ownhammer IRs so far (and ML Zilla) which now seem a bit fat and boomy.

Just one question. Do your "old" IR packs have a mix similar to the FOCUS CAB mix? So far these are the IRs I like most from this pack. As I play quite a lot of metal I would really like to have a nice V30 IR from you.

Guys! I am very happy, that so many of you seems to like the new "focus IR series" so much, as you mentioned in many posts (and PM, Mail, etc...) Makes me very happy! and is a great motivation! Thanks a lot!

In a few hours I will say goodbye to the camping holidays, and probably the next few days will only be sporadically accessible (It was me told, that there IS Internet, but who knows..). In urgent "cabIR.eu support cases" please write directly to info@cabir.eu. I try to answer asap, if something should be ...
So, i will shortly give some last statements, before leaving ...

Morphosis ya'll at CABIR.EU have out done your self's! Got to play with this over the week end. for me the less is more works well with this group of IR's(ax still my fav though). The focus IR's are very good for all 4 cabs.

I am glad you have stuck with separate files to scale down the size of the files. I live in a area were it is not possible to have real high speed internet that is reliable\affordable.
Thank you VERY MUCH for the very kind words! And well, i love to hear, that the new Cab-Pack structure gets so much love from many sides! I really tried to expand the good things and experiences from the "pro IR series", but keep the folder structure and IR content ona more user friendly way ... so: No compromises on possibilities (for own mixes based on the larger amount of single mic captures in minimal phase AND real phase, including the pre-delay running time from speaker membrane to mic capsule), but faster and easier acces for the more "plug & play" guys by only giving the most important Mixes (FOCUS folder) or studio classics, like SM57+R121, etc... in the MIX-CLASSICS folder...
And yes, i split the downloads to one ZIP per .WAV resolution, to make download experience faster. Remember: you don`t have to download ALL ten variants, if you just nedd maybe two (one for the Axe, one for your DAW). All the files will be permanent stored for later download in your user account. Should work hopefully for everybody well.

I've also just purchased the pack,I'm having trouble loading them onto my XL+ all the cabs are ghosted,I have tried with Axe Manage Cabs,Import and Fractal Bot What am i missing
Serge, i believe you emailed me yesterday and i you`ll have response! Let me please know, if you did get it to work ;)

Just tried the Marshall with JTM45, single coil bridge pickup. Sweet sound.
There was a sound clip yesterday I saw on Facebook promoting this pack where there was a Mark IV through what I believe was the Marshall. I loved the sound. It convinced me to buy. Now I can't locate the clip and I can't remember if I have the amp/cab combo correct. Did anyone see it and can help?
eehh .... i believe, you talk about this clip from user "Hubi72"?

This track i posted on facebook, see https://www.facebook.com/cabir.eu. But it is NOT based on the MR-AX1960, but on the MR-MODE4 ... totally different biest ... compare it to a certain oversized 4X12" Mesa Recto Cab and you`ll see, that this cabinet ... seems to be like the answer from Marshall ... lol ...

So I finally got to try this pack. I gotta admit that I like it quite a bit. Been using mostly Ownhammer IRs so far (and ML Zilla) which now seem a bit fat and boomy.

Just one question. Do your "old" IR packs have a mix similar to the FOCUS CAB mix? So far these are the IRs I like most from this pack. As I play quite a lot of metal I would really like to have a nice V30 IR from you.

The "pro IR series" all have a CAB_MULTI (and CAB_mic) named IRs. On this mix paradigm, the FOCUS_CAB (and all the other FOCUS IRs) are based on in general! So ... yes...not only similiar, but very very similiar.... so ... MR-MODE4 ... 70 Watt rated V30 ... maybe fo you ;)

Allright guys, this was it from my side for now .... See you soon ... !
Markus

Last edited:
Test with the Fender Tweed IR's from the latest CabIr.eu Cab Pack: "Core 4 Tone" with the Fender Double Verb Vib (Factory Preset slightly modified by Moke's "Clean To Mean" Prest Pack) As I haven't got a practice room at the time I recorded this with smartphone at about bedroom level and sounds great.

Thanks Morphosis! That's what I wanted to know. Have fun on your (probably well earned) vacation! Viel Spaß im Urlaub!

Back
Top Bottom