AX8 V8.02 Released!

So finally, I got down to actually updating. I Also loaded the new presets. I used Fractalbot this time. Why is it a million times faster than using "AxeManage Presets"?

The new presets sound great. I especially like the Fenders. I sort of made the choice to stick to Marshalls and Voxes, but some of those Fender cleans are really alluring :)

When I switched to bank 1 preset 8 (Friedman HBE), I almost thought, I hit the tuner button. I had to raise the level by 20 dB to get to the same level as the other presets. However, this morning, I tried to recreate the error, and this time, everything was the same level. I don't know how to troubleshoot this, I just thought, I would mention this anomaly.

I especially like the Fenders. I sort of made the choice to stick to Marshalls and Voxes, but some of those Fender cleans are really alluring :)

+1! I had a Princeton reverb blackface for a long time. Was never really happy with the factory preset. But with 8.02 under the hood the AX8 talks to me like my old Fender...

I may be wrong but after the update I flipped quickly through the presets and was surprised why so many of them sounded way to overdriven and muffled. I reloaded the presets and refreshed after FW update and boy I am in heaven. I even found some love for marshalls ;-)) Anything to dislike? You bet. It's hard to choose your presets to go. To many of them sound so tempting.

Quick question, I'm running the new 8.02FW and and have downloaded the new presets to my Mac. I'm trying to get the presets to the AX8 and have tried using FractalBot and AxeManage presets (following Smittefar's video) and am having trouble.

How do you know when the presets are downloaded properly to the AX8? Is there a confirmation? When using AxeManage I'm not seeing the presets on the left hand side for me to be able to drag and drop them to my open bank location.

Thanks in advance!

How do you know when the presets are downloaded properly to the AX8? Is there a confirmation? When using AxeManage I'm not seeing the presets on the left hand side for me to be able to drag and drop them to my open bank location.
You need to open the browser Axe Manage presets in the drop menu at the top left of the page. I believe it defaults closed but the video shows it already open. Just follow Smittefar's instructions @ 0:31 of his video.

When you initially load the presets in AX8 Edit, there should be a red checkmark next to the presets you've added. The only confirmation they have been saved to the device is the checkmark will turn from red to green.

+1! I had a Princeton reverb blackface for a long time. Was never really happy with the factory preset. But with 8.02 under the hood the AX8 talks to me like my old Fender...

I may be wrong but after the update I flipped quickly through the presets and was surprised why so many of them sounded way to overdriven and muffled. I reloaded the presets and refreshed after FW update and boy I am in heaven. I even found some love for marshalls ;-)) Anything to dislike? You bet. It's hard to choose your presets to go. To many of them sound so tempting.

I've got the same, I keep playing with a preset thinking, "well this will be my go to for this sort of sound, then I go to one of the others and think, "Nah, I'll use this"

So much great choice in this thing, and it keeps getting better too!

Wonder what's next in the pipeline for the firmware

gigged last night with 8.02 for the first time, sounded great. The Fender cleans were really happening... digging this firmware.

No point to this post other than to say: DAMN, this update sounds great, and the factory presets sound way, way better. Nicely done, y'all!

No, but the factory presets has been updated for FW8.02, and you may choose to load them instead of (or next to) the ones updated for FW6.02.

StockpresetsAX8-1.png

StockpresetsAX8-3.png

I picked up the OwnHammer Recto 412 Player Pack recently and reworked my presets before I auditioned them. The Brownface models (6G4, 6G12, Vibrato Lux) feel like home for me now. Some days I think I was born to find new frontiers of tweaking but the second I load up my 6G12 patch that goes away. It's like a conversation with an old friend with good drinks and a mild breeze.

Similarly sublime are the Carol Anns, Two Stone J35 1, FAS Wreck, FAS Hot Rod, Supremo, Corncob, Hook 2A/3B and IIC++. Each finds an easy pairing with a selection from the Recto pack.

Wrecker Express..... WOWZA.
I just tried the new presets and realized this amp sounds great with my LP.
Extremely dynamic. I cut the trim down to .5 - because it's got gain up the wazzoo. Play light , it's clean as a whistle , hit the strings hard and it barks.

I am not exactly sure. It seemed to have more depth and dimension before.

Gain possibly ? Like I said , I'm new to this amp , and I lowered the gain and the trim both. Very dynamic to me. It gets gritty in a hurry though. Works great for a guitar volume knob player - like me.

Back
Top Bottom