Cab Pack: ML USA Bass based on Mesa PowerHouse PH1000

Well thank you again for the review. :) The IR's definitely beef up even a Precision bass which is what I use most of the time. I'm making a preview video so everyone gets an idea of what the IR's are capable of. Words are sometimes not enough. :)
I am such a novice on bass, you won't be hearing any demos from me. That said, I am finding it a LOT easier to mix bass into my final w/o it fighting for the lower register of the guitars. Having these Ir's is letting em swap out cabinets to find the perfect sit in the mix. I like ground moving bass, but there are definitely mid bass cabs in here too. With dual cab setups, you shouldnt fear B:ASSMASTER, theres some thrash bass, some sub bass and some punchy bass in this pack. If you cant get the bass to POP out in the mix, you havent found the right cab or knob, its in there. I am LOVING the ability to cab and freq match my setup to accomodate the frfr I have. Knowing the FRFR crossover points and having the cab and controls to shape around it.... Sonic heaven for the lazy man. Remaking a few samples from old songs, its taking near zip post processing now, and the results are stellar in compare. My bass player friend hates me now :) Im using an active 4 string Ibanez soundgear. The axe, the cabs and the bass work like magic together for a plethora of tones. Fwiw, Im using the bass in the rear fx loop with guitar in the front. gates at -65db with room to spare.

Last edited:
I absolutely adore this pack. I can dial in a pretty good guitar tone quite easily but I've always struggled with bass tones. Whenever I try to record using a real bass it always sounds far too boomy and I end up using Trillian instead.

The presets in this pack nail the tones I've always wanted but have never been able to achieve. ML USA Bass Punchy just sits so damn well in a mix it's crazy!

I absolutely adore this pack. I can dial in a pretty good guitar tone quite easily but I've always struggled with bass tones. Whenever I try to record using a real bass it always sounds far too boomy and I end up using Trillian instead.

The presets in this pack nail the tones I've always wanted but have never been able to achieve. ML USA Bass Punchy just sits so damn well in a mix it's crazy!
So happy to hear that! I tried a variety of basses with the presets and I think they work pretty well even on some of those muffled sounding basses like my Precision Bass. The compression/multiband compression definitely takes care of limiting the low end boomyness as well. :)

Just got a chance to pull out the bass and try this pack. It is fantastic. Every tone I would need is represented here. No way I could dial in any bass preset let alone this awesome variety of presets. Well done.

So happy to hear that! I tried a variety of basses with the presets and I think they work pretty well even on some of those muffled sounding basses like my Precision Bass. The compression/multiband compression definitely takes care of limiting the low end boomyness as well. :)

To further up on this. My brother is a professional bass player. He plays in a wedding band doing 3-5 gigs a week and also does the occasional session work. For his needs, he's never been that impressed with the Axe FX, but he was over the other day and I let him play through some of your patches and he instantly asked to borrow my Axe FX for a forthcoming session.

To further up on this. My brother is a professional bass player. He plays in a wedding band doing 3-5 gigs a week and also does the occasional session work. For his needs, he's never been that impressed with the Axe FX, but he was over the other day and I let him play through some of your patches and he instantly asked to borrow my Axe FX for a forthcoming session.
Oh wow! That's some seriously good feedback right there. :)

:cool:My nu Sterling Ray34 by MusicMan is in tha house!
It's time to bass-ing with this cab pack! :p

I like the choice of bass. I've got an older Ray34ca (classic/active) that I really like. It plays better and sounds every bit as good as any Music Man bass I've tried, but at a fraction of the cost (for being slightly no frills). It's a great combination of aggressive top end and full-bodied punch.

I like the choice of bass. I've got an older Ray34ca (classic/active) that I really like. It plays better and sounds every bit as good as any Music Man bass I've tried, but at a fraction of the cost (for being slightly no frills). It's a great combination of aggressive top end and full-bodied punch.

It sounds really good man!
And this cab pack make justice of this piece of wood and metal! in a wanderful pacific blue burst color!
(and even the RW 8x12 SVT pack is really good... actually!).
Thunders and Lightnings!
Let's funk-up!!! ;-)

Bought it! Only got about 15 mins on it. Moving sucks...so far I like the presets. They sound pretty good. I used Ibanez Soundgear basses for years and say what you will I could get a decent bass sound out of anything with them. All I have now is a Spector Euro 4 and that is a different animal altogether. I always seem to need a bit of tweaking with that bass. Only negative I can see so far is that I'll be about 2 weeks before I can pick at them again. Definitely worth the money for the download. Thanks ML Sound! I'm interested to see what Selta and the other bass guys come up with (loved the sound of the maiden track!!!)

Bought it! Only got about 15 mins on it. Moving sucks...so far I like the presets. They sound pretty good. I used Ibanez Soundgear basses for years and say what you will I could get a decent bass sound out of anything with them. All I have now is a Spector Euro 4 and that is a different animal altogether. I always seem to need a bit of tweaking with that bass. Only negative I can see so far is that I'll be about 2 weeks before I can pick at them again. Definitely worth the money for the download. Thanks ML Sound! I'm interested to see what Selta and the other bass guys come up with (loved the sound of the maiden track!!!)
Thank you so much @gearjunkie :) I really like how the pack turned out. It surprised me but on the other hand.. when has "USA" been a let-down? Never? :)

Hi Mikko,Before i buy your cab, i would want know, please, what is the presets we can't convert in AX8.
I'm a guitar player, and i need some preset and cabs for bass just for some recording.thank you in advance.
I need some preset in rock style.

Back
Top Bottom