Re-amped tracks are falling behind originals

I am noticing that when I have been recording with my Axe-FX II+ (using it a the interface) that when re-amping and, subsequently extracting WAVS of both my originally amped tracks, as well as the re-amped tracks, that the re-amped tracks seem to be falling approximately 396 samples (give or take) behind the original track itself.

Can somebody tell me how I can avoid this or why this is happening? Could it be happening during the re-amping process or is it happening when the WAV files are produced?

Any information that might help me remedy this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

I've been plague with this problem as well, both when recording and reamping. I use Reaper.

What I do is use Reapers "click source" function to create a click train, then send it through my speakers and into a microphone placed at my listening location. I then run the mic into the Axe FX. I record the Axe output onto another track and use the latency compensation features in Reaper and/or ASIO4ALL to make the two tracks line up exactly (through trial and error). I only need to adjust the record latency, since the playback latency is the same when the tracks are played back through the same audio interface. This process ensures the raw pickup signal is recorded and played back in synch with other tracks.

When reamping, I use a similar method to line up the reamp tracks (no mic involved). Or, I just use the time alignment plugin included with Reaper. ASIO4ALL can make sorting out latency sync with multiple devices absolute torture.

I use Pro Tools and have this problem if I track with active plugins on any tracks. It happens whether I'm actually tracking or reamping. I just make any plugins in the session inactive, and it solves the problem. Not sure if this could be a problem in Logic or not though.

Create a single click using Klopfgeist, dead on a beat, bounce it to audio and paste on the DI track a bar or more before hand. Reamp, line up the reamped click with the one from the DI track, remove the click sound from the reamp, done.

Just remember to consider what is in your patch when choosing how early to place the click, you don't want to be hearing it in your reamp likewise you'd want any compressors to have fully recovered etc.

Thanks fir your response. I'm using Logic X. What do mean by the routing?

Re: routing, I mean is the DI track going straight out or hitting a bus first?

Make sure there are no latency inducing plugins on the master bus.

Play around with the compensation settings (all, audio & software).

Try low latency mode.

Usually some combination of those tweaks will fix things.

If not, I agree with thughestion to burn in a click and use that to sync up.

I find the need to slide the track around when re-amping due to buffer latency.

What I usually have is two bars of clicks before the start of the song and play along with at least two clicks in the initial run through so that I can sync up the re-amped track later on.

Yeah, I think the answer is to manually align the reamped take - it's sort of impossible (unless the software can detect and adjust for you) that you can run a signal out, through another system, and back, without any time having passed.

Back
Top Bottom