AX8 V8.02 Public Beta

The calibration of my expression pedals randomly reset yesterday. I only noticed it when my auto-engage wah wouldn't turn off after I put the expression pedal back to full (I've got it set auto-turn off fast at 95%.) Recalibration fixed it no problem. I'm not sure if it's something that happened in the new FW or just a random occurrence.

This has happened to me a few times with a FW upgrade. I just recalibrate.

I had a geq come up as geq2 in the edit screen when there was only one geq in the grid.

Also I think I had the same thing happen as @Thomas Larsson. I pressed something and all my geq sliders seemed to randomize.

Last edited:
Hi there!

I can't open the file for some reason on my computer. Can you please advise?

Thank you

Now available for immediate download, AX8 Quantum v8.02 Public Beta. Please note, that this is BETA firmware, and as such, may contain bugs or other unforeseen consequences. Please, as always, backup your AX8 with Fractal-Bot before proceeding with this upgrade.

AX8 V8.02 Public Beta

Release Notes:

AX8 V8.02 implements the new Amp Modeling improvements and fixes introduced by the Axe-FX Quantum 8.01 & Quantum 8.02, as well as 5 new cabinets. These custom mixes represent a small sample of the world-class IRs now available from Celestion. The full IR packages can be purchased at their new website: www.celestionplus.com

Additions:
  • Added (at Kirk Hammett’s request) modifier capability to the output compression parameter (“COMP”) in the Amp block (previously named “OUTPUT COMP”).
  • Added five new factory cabs. These custom mixes represent a small sample of the world-class IRs now available from Celestion. The full IR packages can be purchased at their new website: www.celestionplus.com
  • All types in the Compressor block now support both Filter and Emph parameters. These parameters control the detector filtering. Filter is a low-cut filter and Emph is a high-frequency emphasis. These parameters can be used to tailor the response of the various compressor types to different material.
Fixes:
  • Fixed bug where presets that use a User Cab(s) and were saved under earlier firmware versions might have the incorrect User Cab(s) assigned when recalled on later firmware.
  • Fixed minor bug in Amp block output transformer modeling which caused slight attenuation of upper treble frequencies. This results in clearer, more chimey tones.
  • Fixed mistake in “Citrus RV50” amp model.
Now available for immediate download, AX8 Quantum v8.02 Public Beta. Please note, that this is BETA firmware, and as such, may contain bugs or other unforeseen consequences. Please, as always, backup your AX8 with Fractal-Bot before proceeding with this upgrade.

AX8 V8.02 Public Beta

Release Notes:

AX8 V8.02 implements the new Amp Modeling improvements and fixes introduced by the Axe-FX Quantum 8.01 & Quantum 8.02, as well as 5 new cabinets. These custom mixes represent a small sample of the world-class IRs now available from Celestion. The full IR packages can be purchased at their new website: www.celestionplus.com

Additions:
  • Added (at Kirk Hammett’s request) modifier capability to the output compression parameter (“COMP”) in the Amp block (previously named “OUTPUT COMP”).
  • Added five new factory cabs. These custom mixes represent a small sample of the world-class IRs now available from Celestion. The full IR packages can be purchased at their new website: www.celestionplus.com
  • All types in the Compressor block now support both Filter and Emph parameters. These parameters control the detector filtering. Filter is a low-cut filter and Emph is a high-frequency emphasis. These parameters can be used to tailor the response of the various compressor types to different material.
Fixes:
  • Fixed bug where presets that use a User Cab(s) and were saved under earlier firmware versions might have the incorrect User Cab(s) assigned when recalled on later firmware.
  • Fixed minor bug in Amp block output transformer modeling which caused slight attenuation of upper treble frequencies. This results in clearer, more chimey tones.
  • Fixed mistake in “Citrus RV50” amp model.

Selling beta = Microsoft. :)

Fractal Betas don't worry me. Heck I used gmail for half a decade when it was Beta.

If you're worried about Fractal Betas just wait two days after release and forum will find whatever/if any bugs. The majority of the bugs I've seen in the last year of owning an AX8 have either been non-existent on my unit or didn't apply to me in my workflow.

Well, I upgraded to 8.02b from 7.02b yesterday. I didn't noticed so much difference playing at home, I'll see next week at rehearsal. I recorded some of my presets before upgrading and will do the same with 8.02b this afternoon anyway.

I didn't did any kind of reset anyway

Back
Top Bottom