USING THE REAL AC30 JUST LIKE A CAB?

fisioaura

Inspired
Hi Guys, technical question:
I´m running Axe to FOH and OUT 2 to a real ac30. To small gigs the ac30 it´s so much loud so I wonder if I can conect the axe to the rear of the speakers ( it´s a custom clasic model and it has two RCA inputs and a 1/4 jack input) directly bypassing everything for monitoring the axe. Really I don´t know what are those inputs for and is it safely? Thanks

+1 on what Chris said. When playing larger venues, I also run Out 1 to FOH and Out 2 to an amp. I just use the amp as a stage monitor. I set the level of Out 1 to give the board a good signal, and set the level of Out 2 to a comfortable level.

for smaller gigs I just use the axe out1 to foh and have the real ac30 on stage for the look, powered off, unplugged. I get the axe signal back from foh to iem / wedges and that's it. I must admit that even when I use the real amp, I still have the axe sim feeding my iem's, because of the consistency from gig to gig, the amp is just there for the people standing up front - and for the look :D

If it has an effects loop, just feed the output of the Axe-Fx into the Effects Return input so that you're only using the power amp. section of the AC30. You'll probably want to bypass the cab in your presets though, but you can experiment with what sounds best, ie. on or off.

I see...So the axe ( amp and cab sims on) goes to this small power amp and then to the speakers? But which connectors are feeding the speakers, both RCA or the Jack one? Thanks

I see...So the axe ( amp and cab sims on) goes to this small power amp and then to the speakers? But which connectors are feeding the speakers, both RCA or the Jack one? Thanks
This is an area where you can do some damage unless you know what you are doing and how to achieve it. It seems from your posts that you aren't sure / aware of the issues surrounding what you are trying to do. I would strongly suggest finding someone local to you who can answer your questions with your specific equipment in front of you both, face to face. Only then will questions about "what can I plug into what" make any sense or be accurately responded to.

This is an area where you can do some damage unless you know what you are doing and how to achieve it. It seems from your posts that you aren't sure / aware of the issues surrounding what you are trying to do. I would strongly suggest finding someone local to you who can answer your questions with your specific equipment in front of you both, face to face. Only then will questions about "what can I plug into what" make any sense or be accurately responded to.

Jaja, you are right man...I have no idea at all!

Back
Top Bottom