Singtall Superpack of presets are ready!

And if you don't think his comment fit the definition of "cheap " well then what does? I have spent literally thousands of dollars purchasing numerous machines as well as presets. The artists developing these presets should be supported as in many cases they are far superior to the ones contained in the machines. I resent passive aggressive comments that have no purpose other than to undermine the starving artist. Name calling? Please! Why not support these artists and eliminate the negative critiques that are unwarranted. By letting the passive aggressive comment stand and choosing to eliminate my comment you are actually supporting his undermining. That sir is not the role of a moderator!

He stated an opinion on pricing. Only the name-calling and cussing posts were removed. That seems to be a fair and even-handed use of the moderator's discretion.

I did not "cuss" and I find his comment sophomoric and offensive.
No, you didn't cuss. His pricing comment was a factual, non-aggressive statement of opinion. Sophomoric? Maybe, maybe not. I don't agree with his opinion, but I found nothing in it to take offense with.

Truth is, if I called out sophomoric or potentially offensive posts, the forum would be a more entertaining place—and the moderators would (rightfully) have a field day with me. :)

This thread is going further and further off topic.

How the moderators clean up threads to keep on topic is not up for discussion, nor is it personal in any way.

No, you didn't cuss. His pricing comment was a factual, non-aggressive statement of opinion. Sophomoric? Maybe, maybe not. I don't agree with his opinion, but I found nothing in it to take offense with.

Truth is, if I called out sophomoric or potentially offensive posts, the forum would be a more entertaining place—and the moderators would (rightfully) have a field day with me. :)
Sir I never use profanity and you are wrong in making that assertion. I have nothing else to say except I have supported this artist with my hard earned money. I find any critique regarding an artist's pricing offensive. If you find it is too much just don't buy it! Why discourage others?!

The Fractal community is very lucky that the owner constantly provides upgrades free of charge to the firmware. Perhaps that causes some to think that everything here should be free,
If you can nail the Beck ring modulator tone I will send you a hundred bucks as a thank you from all of us! It has yet to be accomplished. Let me know (no pressure as I don't think it can be done). Gary Moore's live tone would be great as well. NIN and Fripp tones rock as well.
Just a hint for Singtall, I think that particular Jeff Beck tone from Come Dancing also utilizes an octave divider, can hear a line an octave below what he's playing.

The Fractal community is very lucky that the owner constantly provides upgrades free of charge to the firmware. Perhaps that causes some to think that everything here should be free,

Just a hint for Singtall, I think that particular Jeff Beck tone from Come Dancing also utilizes an octave divider, can hear a line an octave below what he's playing.
Exactly! I donated the said amount...

Now to return to the topic...these presets are some of the most usable settings I have encountered. Moreover, they are regularly updated and you receive them ALL for the ridiculously low price of 20 bucks! I have purchased IRs from Fractalaudio that had great claims but we're disappointingly lacking and at a higher cost. Do yourself a favor and support this artist.

O.K. lot's of drama here that I'll stay out of. I paid my $20 and I love these presets. They required no tweaking to sound great for me. Bravo Singtall- Please put up something else great for me to buy

Are you reading what I wrote? I said "he", not "you"...

I'd suggest you consider dropping the topic. You're not helping your cause with further comments.
I said in my last retort that I had nothing else to say. You seem to want to get the last word in so you now have it. The theme is that this artist 's presets are spectacular and you wish to defend a complaint regarding his pricing. The complaint was unwarranted and his dignity was never impugned. I don't know what others posted but my comment was meant to be in the same vein as "lighten up Francis." Perhaps you should take that advice as well.

I step away from my computer for a minute, and look what happens. :D

Singtall makes great presets. If you're trying to recreate any of those tones, they're well worth the asking price.

Hi Singtall!
A few questions:
Bought your pack a while back but just today downloaded and tried some presets out.
Everyone are like oversaturated and very high volume. The volume is easy to get down, but there is this very saturated sound, like when you have crazy amount of gain. I've adjusted gain aswell but can't quite get rid of that gainy, buzzy artifact, not without losing all sustain and creaminess?
What pickup did you use to set the presets? I've got a set of BK Juggernauts and they're not crazy output either, more like medium-high...
Also, were they made on a Mark I/II? I have a XL+, but I also converted them to XL+ with Fractool, but no improvment...
I also use presets from Fremen and Yek and they sound normal without excess volume/gain. I'm thinking something happened while downloading?
Also, almost all of the higher gain presets have their gain set to 10, is that how you set them up?

Back
Top Bottom