Can't get Band Comamder preset to hit 0 dB output using 8.00beta

jazzgtrl4

Experienced
The band commander i cant seem to get to go to zero on the vu on 8.00beta. I have the level all the way to 12. the master at 8.00 and have to raise the output at least 4db to make it reach 0. i guess i should upgrade to firmware 8.02?

ok i hear ya more of an issue for some reason i guess? any ideas why,,,thanks
It's not anything. It's probably how you have your signal chain set up. Too many things affect output level beyond just master and level on the AMP block.

A simple AMP -> CAB preset here, with the Band Commander at default settings and the 3x10 Vibro factor IR, hits 0 dB in the output VU meter without any issues.

I'm going to move this to the AX8 discussion area, it's not a bug.

Try resetting the AMP block? If that doesn't work, post a preset if you'd like help with the preset.

Ok i got it, its not a bug,,ok......

You cant guess this Chris? i thought you were a genius ;) wont let me upload file, says there is

Attachments

• Kimock 1 RCF.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Ok i got it, its not a bug,,ok......

You cant guess this Chris? i thought you were a genius ;) wont let me upload file, says there is

The following error occurred
There was a problem uploading your file.

Kimock 1 RCF.syx
Try going to your forum preferences and disabling the Flash uploaded... That error bit me before.

Maybe a Comp before the amp squishing down the signal too much?

ya i thought that might be it but its the same compressor i use on other presets. Sure it could be something in the chain but prior to this 8.00 beta it was fine volume wise.

0 dB (target) is not the far right of the VU meters. It's the vertical stripe.

I tested your preset, nothing really wrong with it at a quick glance.

You do have Input Trim at 0.500 instead of 1, which attenuates the signal.

And Master should be at 10, because the Band-Commander is a non-Master Volume amp.

0 dB (target) is not the far right of the VU meters. It's the vertical stripe.

I tested your preset, nothing really wrong with it at a quick glance.

You do have Input Trim at 0.500 instead of 1, which attenuates the signal.

And Master should be at 10, because the Band-Commander is a non-Master Volume amp.

Thanks Yek for the info...so i have the Input Trim at 0.500 because i want the amp to be as clean as possible........ is this the correct way to do it? Thought i read that somewhere to emulate a Fender. thanks

Thanks Yek for the info...so i have the Input Trim at 0.500 because i want the amp to be as clean as possible........ is this the correct way to do it? Thought i read that somewhere to emulate a Fender. thanks
IMO, the Band Commander is so clean that the Input Trim trick is unnecessary , perhaps just have your Input drive around 6 , Master at 10, and Level to taste.

The Band-Commander IS a Fender (Band-Master). And all Fenders amps have been modeled using their High inputs. If you want the equivalent of the Low input on the amp, for ex. when you're playing a Les Paul, set Input Trim at 0.500. Otherwise just leave it at 1.00.

This is all discussed in the wiki and my Amp Guide.

All Fenders amps have been modeled using their High inputs. If you want the equivalent of the Low input on the amp, for ex. when you're playing a Les Paul, set Input Trim at 0.500. Otherwise just leave it at 1.00.

This is all discussed in the wiki and my Amp Guide.

got it, thanks Yek

and , if you are so inclined, the Band commander preset in the new Bank A that Cliff made for AxeFX is one that will translate to AX8 perfectly with FracTool , and sounds really bitchen.

Back
Top Bottom