Can someone help me connect Axe Fx 2 to Audio Interface?

rich2k4

Inspired
I want to connect my axe fx 2 to a complete audio 6 interface. I don't want to use spdif, but I want to go from the axe outputs to input 1 and 2 on the interface.

Do I need to have the axe's output level knob set to max and then adjust the input gain for each input on the interface?

Do I need to have the axe's output level knob set to max and then adjust the input gain for each input on the interface?
As a starting point.. yes.
If you have to turn the input gain on each channel ALL THE WAY DOWN, then back off the Axe outputs and adjust input gain. The end result is to insure that you have about -6db levels (assuming digital) going to your DAW channels.

As a starting point.. yes.
If you have to turn the input gain on each channel ALL THE WAY DOWN, then back off the Axe outputs and adjust input gain. The end result is to insure that you have about -6db levels (assuming digital) going to your DAW channels.

Would I then use the output level to control the overall volume of the guitar, and then use the main output volume on the interface to control the volume of the backing track?

Also, wouldn't it also be possible to set the interface as the output device, and the axe as the input device? This would negate the need to plug the axe into the interface. Right now all the interface does is send sound out to my monitors. I don't plug anything else into it besides midi, but I want to be able to control guitar and other sound separately.

Would I then use the output level to control the overall volume of the guitar, and then use the main output volume on the interface to control the volume of the backing track?
Yes, I believe you could do that. Best thing is to try it and see how it works!

Also, wouldn't it also be possible to set the interface as the output device, and the axe as the input device? This would negate the need to plug the axe into the interface. Right now all the interface does is send sound out to my monitors. I don't plug anything else into it besides midi, but I want to be able to control guitar and other sound separately.
Possibly.. but wouldn't it be easier to buy a cheap mixer??

Back
Top Bottom