Fryette Deliverance Model Question

Sfalsetto

Hi everyone. Long time member here but this is my first post. I've had my Axe-Fx II Mark 1 since 2012, and my main patches have used the Fryette Deliverance models pretty exclusively for as long as I've owned it. I just updated to firmware 8.02 from 6.03, and noticed the D60 models have significantly less gain. Upon searching the forum, I was only able to find two posts where this was mentioned (The Quantum 7 Thread) but never really saw a reply.

Just tried the Fryette Deliverance model. It seems to have much less gain than before. I've never played the real amp so I can't say if that's how it is.

I noticed this also I use the Fryette model in 2 of my main presets.

Did something change in this model? Are the models considered more accurate now or is it possible that a value is incorrect? I've tried turning up the input trim to get it back where it was, but it doesn't seem to have the same kind of attack I am used to. I can revert back to 6.03 if needed, but would rather take advantage of the new firmware advances if possible.

I didn't know if this should be considered a bug or not. If so, my apologies, please move it to the appropriate section. Thanks in advance for any help!

I agree. This used to be one of my fav highest gain monsters (as was deisel vh4 long lost and supposedly not intended to be high gain)?!

I have no experience with the model, but I don't remember seeing anything in the release notes related to it recently. Have any of you opened a thread in the bugs forum?

Interesting. I'm still on a pre-Q6 firmware since I've been too lazy to plug the unit into my computer, and the D60 is my main high gain amp since it's so aggressive and punchy.

Making me not want to update now, haha. I'll be watching this thread.

Last edited:
Gain changed on FW7 on some of my gotos but it returned on FW8 to the old levels.
But if it's not enough...just crank it up?!

Finally updated to the newest firmware as I was about a year out of date, using Q3. I had my computer booted in windows and figured I might as well.

Can confirm, my main patch is the D60 (More) and it lost a lot of gain compared to my Q3 patch. I previously had Input Drive on 4, Overdrive on 10, I had to turn Input Drive to 6, and its still noticeably less gain than before. I thought it defaulted it D60 (less) at first. Definitely feels like it lost a gain stage.

That being said, it does sound clearer, tighter, punchier, and probably dryer than it did before. I do like it even more now. But I wouldn't mind getting that extra gain back.

Edit-goddamn it sounds good. The dynamics are insane.

Last edited:
Any settings tips that rock your world?

High mids seems to do it for me. In the past when I used the model I tried turning down the mids, but it just makes it sound kinda crap. My mids are on 7, the knob adds a lot of clarity and focus. I then have treble, bass and depth up high to compensate, otherwise the amp sounds a bit too mid-focused.

Presence on 10 with the treble down to compensate is cool too, but I settled on presence on 5, and treble on like 8, it was a good balance for me.

Back
Top Bottom