Level of a Drive Pedal in front of the Triptik Clean ?

slashy

Inspired
Hi,
I would want to know how to set correctly the level of a Drive Pedal (in my case BB Preamp in front of Triptik, Clean channel).
Must i set to 1-2 or 3, etc.... and must i modulate with the input overdrive of the Triptik ?I don't understand how the level of the Pedal influence the Input Drive of the Triptik clean channel.
thank you in advance.

Not sure if this will answer your question, but I find the amps to be very real, hence a wide variety of settings will work without trouble. I don't believe there is any formula, just your ears. I also like running drives into a clean (or clean-ish) amp and find that most drives give me what I want with drive settings from 3 to 5.

Or are you talking about a "real" BB Preamp? I gave up on that long ago and sold my boutique pedals, preferring the Fractal drives.

Again, not sure I'm understanding. I'm sure others will chime in soon.

Thank for the reply,
I talk about the Pedal Drive of the AX8, not the real pedal (that i have too ! ;) )
I find that above 3 on level, the sound become not natural.Perhaps too much overdrive in front of the Triptik Clean ?

Thank for the reply,
I talk about the Pedal Drive of the AX8, not the real pedal (that i have too ! ;) )
I find that above 3 on level, the sound become not natural.Perhaps too much overdrive in front of the Triptik Clean ?

I agree with this statement as well, try playing with the mix on the drive if it becomes too much I find myself dialing some out if I don't want it to take over completely.

with Drives It is somewhat of a game of balance with drive, level and mix and with an amp like the triptik it will help you find a good result.

Back
Top Bottom