Is anybody have audio samples from Obot The Robot ?

slashy

Inspired
Hi ,I would want to know (and hear ;) ) if anybody have made some audio sample from the cab Carol Ann into the Obot The Robot ?
I use the Triptik essentially in my AX8, and i would want to know if it's good for me.Thank you in advance and sorry for my bad english written.

Obot the Robot is a mic placement tool that Fractal uses to capture the impulse responses. Do you just want a clip of the Carol Ann Triptik amp model through some of the IRs that were captured with the robot holding the microphone(s)?

Oh yes, with The 1X12 Carol Ann cab. It will be super ;)
impossible to find some audio samples from this Cab.

Factory Cab #122 is the same cab, Triptik Mix I think it's called.
I have the OBOT pack & LOVE it. Unfortunately no clips though, I haven't recorded in a long time.

Factory Cab #122 is the same cab, Triptik Mix I think it's called.
I have the OBOT pack & LOVE it. Unfortunately no clips though, I haven't recorded in a long time.

IIRC that stock cab is from an earlier Cab pack: #5. Not from the Obot pack.

The Obot pack is an excellent pack.

IIRC that stock cab is from an earlier Cab pack: #5. Not from the Obot pack.

The Obot pack is an excellent pack.
Correct, but I was told that it was indeed the same cab & speaker that is in the OBOT pack. But you are correct, it's not from that pack it was an IR from earlier. Correct this if this is bad info?
I can say that I have created a few patches that I've ended up sharing, the original patch I made using the OBOT IR's and to share I've replaced with the Triptik #122 and it's always been the same flavor, (like it'd fit right in with that Cab pack) so it is a very good representation of that Cab/Speaker. Obviously, with the cab pack there's a lot more there to work with, and there's no question this Cab with that Sugarcone speaker is something special. Killer IR's.
IMO Get it.

+1

I misunderstood. It's the same cab with the Scholz speaker. Just different IRs.

I have bought the pack !
I don't play with my AX8 today, but question: In this pack , we have some Letter like A, B, C, etc... for each Mic.
But we have no information about them.
Center to off center ? other ?
Thank you.

I have bought the pack !
I don't play with my AX8 today, but question: In this pack , we have some Letter like A, B, C, etc... for each Mic.
But we have no information about them.
Center to off center ? other ?
Thank you.
Not sure exactly what or should I say where the letters pertain to as far as mic placement goes, but like iaresee said, use your ears. I'd say all the "A's" would be a group, with different mics but similar mic placements and so on for "B's" & "C's"...

I have bought the pack !
I don't think you'll regret it. I use the Carol Ann Scholz Speaker Cab for a lot of different amps. I just loaded up FW 8.1 earlier this morning and wanted to create a few fresh patches for some tunes I'm playing & one of them is, "Helipad" by Andy Timmons. He uses a Mesa Lone Star, so I fired that up & went thru a few Mesa IR's & just for the hell of it I clicked on one of the OBOT Carol Ann IR's and it was quite literally 90% "there." And that was before touching a single dial on the amp.
Anyway, hopefully you'll find the IR's as good as I have.. fwiw, I have used CabLab with of them to create a few mixed IR's I like a lot too.

I don't think you'll regret it. I use the Carol Ann Scholz Speaker Cab for a lot of different amps. I just loaded up FW 8.1 earlier this morning and wanted to create a few fresh patches for some tunes I'm playing & one of them is, "Helipad" by Andy Timmons. He uses a Mesa Lone Star, so I fired that up & went thru a few Mesa IR's & just for the hell of it I clicked on one of the OBOT Carol Ann IR's and it was quite literally 90% "there." And that was before touching a single dial on the amp.
Anyway, hopefully you'll find the IR's as good as I have.. fwiw, I have used CabLab with of them to create a few mixed IR's I like a lot too.
Too many choice in the Caroll Ann ;)
For example, what is your choice of Mic combinaison ?I use the Triptik Amp in my AX8.Rock in Andy Timmons style, like you !!!!

Back
Top Bottom